• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Objective Crew Served Weapon (OCSW)

chk2fung

Inactive
Reaction score
The Objective Crew Served Weapon (OCSW) is an integrated machine gun system which couples the firepower of air bursting munitions with optoelectronic fire control to provide all-environment operation and enhanced lethality. The OCSW is an ultra-light, two-man portable, crew-served weapon system incorporating state-of-the-art electronics, advanced materials, and small arms technologies. This unique weapon permits a high probability of incapacitation and suppression of enemy soldiers up to 2000 meters away and has a high potential to damage lightly armored vehicles, water craft, and slow-moving aircraft beyond 1000 meters. The OCSW is the potential replacement weapon for the 40mm MK19 Grenade Machine Gun and the caliber .50 M2 Machine Gun.

ocsw_atd.jpg

Is it 20 mm or 25 mm?

In either case, I have no doubt that it could out perform the .50 cal in its role.  However, the logistics of feeding that VHMG could reduce some of its benefits in a light role.

I do not believe that it could possibly replace the 40 mm AGL.  Canadian experience with 25 mm HEI-T has shown that the round is too small to achieve the same lethal effectiveness.

that picture doesnt show much, but it looks like there could be difficulties clearing problems with the weapon if the whole thing is solid like the front.

wow, that's some high tech machine, i went to that website and wow sounds pretty cool like the air bursting munition??!?!? lol pretty impressive wait so everything on that site http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/docs/ocsw_wea/slide15.htm they tested it and it works? anywayz doesn't matter sounds cool

Back