• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Nwe NAVRES Recruiting Position.

Lumber

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
Ceasar1989 said:
I applied for intel ops in the NAVRES. I have completed all the steps including reference checks have been completed and sent back to DND. I emailed the recruiter on the status of my file and said that I should be receiving a letter about my reliability screening soon. Has anyone been through this what should I expect from the letter (positive outcome or negative)? I’m so nervous is it possibility it might be an offer letter?

Also online shows intel ops is not hiring anymore. When I asked the recruiter he said I’m still good for this occupation. What are the chances I might get an offer before the summer?

Thanks

The chances of you receiving an offer if your reliability status goes through is around 100%. NAVRES recruiting is full speed ahead; we'll take anyone from any trade that gets through the screening process.

Now, if you really meant "what are the chances that there will be a hiccup in my Reliability status screen", no one here can possibly answer that question.

That being said, Reliability Status is an initial, low level background check, very different from what will happen when you apply for your Level 3 Top Secret Clearance (required of IntOps), so assuming you have nothing majorly nefarious in your past, I wouldn't sweat it.

What unit did you apply to?

Lumber said:
NAVRES recruiting is full speed ahead; we'll take anyone from any trade that gets through the screening process.

Unless you're long term Class B trying to affiliate yourself with a unit; then you're dead to NAVRES.
I remember  a day when at least 20+ people in a unit were Class B and they used the corporate knowledge of those people... not now...lol

Buck_HRA said:
Unless you're long term Class B trying to affiliate yourself with a unit; then you're dead to NAVRES.
I remember  a day when at least 20+ people in a unit were Class B and they used the corporate knowledge of those people... not now...lol

Everything thing seemed perfect; and then they ripped it out from under us...

Buck_HRA said:
I'm fairly sure anyone wanting to donate their time and knowledge has only to drop a line to their local unit or regional staff to find out how they can do so. If, on the other hand, what they really want to do is occupy a senior billet in a NAVRES unit's establishment in exchange for 10 or 15 days a year of unit-level effort, then yes those halcyon days are long gone.

Monsoon said:
I'm fairly sure anyone wanting to donate their time and knowledge has only to drop a line to their local unit or regional staff to find out how they can do so. If, on the other hand, what they really want to do is occupy a senior billet in a NAVRES unit's establishment in exchange for 10 or 15 days a year of unit-level effort, then yes those halcyon days are long gone.
Nope, Everyone in the CoC of the the unit I wanted to join were all on board; as was my Class B employer that I would do every weekend plus I would do several special projects; we had it worked out that I would do as much work for the unit as a Class A reservist, then it get ripped out from underneath both the Unit & I :-( 

No fault to the unit - and I'm still trying to work it out so that I can get to the unit - it's just going to take some time.

PS: Lumber - I'm really interested in still coming down there hopefully as your recruiter - I've got my ears to the ground for when NAVRES creates the new recruiting billets :)

Buck_HRA said:
PS: Lumber - I'm really interested in still coming down there hopefully as your recruiter - I've got my ears to the ground for when NAVRES creates the new recruiting billets :)

Buck, this is great news! You have no idea how much we would love to have someone with actual recruiting experience in recruiting, and we definitely need more bodies in recruiting if they want us to go from 185 to 270. (remember, we're losing 1 sailor for ever 3 we bring in...ish).

That being said, I haven't heard much about the creation of the new billet except not to expect it anytime soon, and I hope it wasn't just someone's good idea to get good PER points that won't actually be followed through with now that their PER is written.

I still can't believe how hard it is to get a new fully funded position established. The number of short term Class-B and Class-A contracts in the last year that I have received funding for to help out with how busy it is would probably add up to more that 1 year of full time employment. Lets cut back on how much work I have to put into drafting, substantiating, arguing, and organizing all these CFTPOs, and just give me another full time position, damnit!

Back