• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Numbers for Sep. 03 BOTP

Ralph

Inactive
Reaction score
For Murph00 and others hoping to get on this September‘s officer training - I had my re-interview yesterday and, I was told, numbers have gone down to their pre-hiring bonanza of the last couple years. They‘re looking at around 20 each for infantry, arty, and armoured. Don‘t know about the non-combat arms. Take it all with a grain of salt, of course, as numbers may change before, during, or after the board sits in May.
Good luck to all,
Ralph.

Ralph

Do you mean that the number of people applying has gone down? Or do you mean that there are 20 available spots for each of the 3 land combat elements?

The St. Jean schedule indicates 360 available spots on the September BOTP. Assuming an even split between Army, Navy, Air Force, that would mean 120 spots available to Army. If there are 60 spots avail to Combat Arms, that would be half of the Army‘s "entitlement". Makes sense, I guess, when you factor in logistics, medical, dental, engineering, etc.

Sorry - wasn‘t clear. Yeah - 30 each for the three combat arms - so 60 in total. As mentioned in above threads, they‘ve exceeded their numbers the last couple years, which means they‘re easing off for the time being. The recruiter said things may change before, during, or after the board sits in May.
Cheers,
Ralph.

Back