• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Now this is real hockey fight

Best fight I saw was between Montreal and Philidelphia, one of the playoff games back in 97 or 98 or so. entire teams were fighting, Otto took ok on the players in the benchs and the linesmen.

Two of my favorites were in the '79 quarter finals with Toronto and the then Atlanta Flames and an OHL game with Kingston and Windsor.  The Leafs/Flames one was in the final game the series (and final one for the Flames in Atlanta), second period, a bench clearing brawl that lasted about 45 minutes and resulted in about a total of about 22 ejections - was pretty cool for me since I got to stay up late to watch the end of the game and all.  The Kingston/Windsor game had a 5 on 5 fight break out - but with a twist.  The Kingston Capt and his counterpart were hard at it all by their lonesome in a corner while the officials were dealing with the other 8 clowns in the circus.  Buddy had the Spitfire on his back, he was sitting on his chest and just beating the snot (literally) out of this guy - he'd momentarily stop punching him only to start smacking his melon off the ice when his fist got sore.  This went on for awhile before the ref and linesmen noticed.  And I lucked out and got an excellent view from where I was standing.  And who says violence in sports affects people negatively  ;D?

MM

Looks like the Russians are learning the Canadian style of hockey - circa 1974 Flyers ;)

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Looks like the Russians are learning the Canadian style of hockey - circa 1974 Flyers ;)
Ah yes. The Broad Street Bullies.

Hockey used to be more fun back in those days. (or so the old tapes tell me)

I've seen much better. A lot of standing around if you ask me and people just watching. #30 just showed he's a gutless puke by blindsiding that guy and then going on to pound him while he is laying on the ice. Anybody could sit there and beat somebody laying on the ice. That's real tough. Buddy who jerseyed the other guy is obviously a wimp as well. What's wrong, don't wanna get smacked in the head. Weak.

I'll take a CHL Line Brawl any day over this.  :cdn:

I was at a Canucks game in the early 80's. They were playing Philly when Williams started a scrap then sat on the bench. Hanlon skates to center and shit cans the Philly goalie hit him so hard his skates were coming off the ice. When the hair and blood were scraped off the ice Tiger was one of the few players not in the sin bin. Bizarre fights going on everywhere you looked.

Two or three weeks ago, NSJrB.  One hit, and much to my disappointment, the Royals player was down.. and out for a good 2 minutes.

Edit: Ahh, I forgot to mention.. two days later my voice returned

Midget

Back