• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

North Korea show's Sony who's boss

The US is neither denying nor admitting to causing this.  It would be interesting to know if this is a government response or a more private responce by "hacktivists".

MCG said:
The US is neither denying nor admitting to causing this.  It would be interesting to know if this is a government response or a more private responce by "hacktivists".
"Quiet" slap from the PRC?

While it's just speculation on my part, Anonymous has declared they are going to be responding against NK in the next few days, under the label of "Operation RIP North Korea", so perhaps this was carried out by them.

Now this event could have been a normal technical difficulty experienced by the North Koreans, an attack by the US, Anonymous, etc (it's anyone's guess at this point) but if Anonymous' history has any bearing on what North Korea is to expect they should be expecting official networks and computer systems nonoperational very soon.

The North Koreans are back online.The next time maybe it will be the cell phone network.

CNN reporting Korea is offline again. Hopefully this entertainment continues... All over a movie.

ShadyBrah said:
CNN reporting Korea is offline again. Hopefully this entertainment continues... All over a movie.

New movie plot: "The assassination of North Korean IP addresses."

Maybe the next hack should be to download the entire Sony catalogue of movies and entertainment into the DPRK.... >:D

Meanwhile, take THAT North Korea!
Sony Pictures Entertainment announced Tuesday a limited theatrical release of ‘‘The Interview’’ beginning Thursday, putting back into the theaters the comedy that prompted an international incident with North Korea and outrage over its cancelled release.

Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton said Tuesday that Seth Rogen’s North Korea farce ‘‘will be in a number of theaters on Christmas Day.’’ He said Sony also is continuing its efforts to release the film on more platforms and in more theaters.

‘‘We have never given up on releasing ‘The Interview,'’’ said Lynton. ‘‘While we hope this is only the first step of the film’s release, we are proud to make it available to the public and to have stood up to those who attempted to suppress free speech.’’

Moviegoers celebrated the abrupt change of fortune for a film that appeared doomed, as ‘‘The Interview’’ began popping up in the listings of a handful of independent theaters Tuesday, including the Alamo Drafthouse in Texas and Atlanta’s Plaza Theater.

‘‘The people have spoken! Freedom has prevailed! Sony didn’t give up!’’ said Rogen on Twitter ....

It remains to be seen if they follow through with their threats to attack theatres that premiere the film.... Either theatres will be empty where it premieres out of fear, or, the extreme opposite and people will jam the theatres to thumb their noses to the N. Koreans. Watch and shoot I guess...

reccecrewman said:
It remains to be seen if they follow through with their threats to attack theatres that premiere the film.... Either theatres will be empty where it premieres out of fear, or, the extreme opposite and people will jam the theatres to thumb their noses to the N. Koreans. Watch and shoot I guess...

Hope that's not a prediction ;)

I am pretty sure that, even with this rather weak President, if a theatre goer even so much as suffers a scratch while watching this movie, it will feel like the Tomahawk missiles are belt fed, over Pyongyang.

In fact, that probably should have been the first U.S. statement when the theatre threat came to light. Enough is enough with that cheese fed dough-boy already.

SeaKingTacco said:
I am pretty sure that, even with this rather weak President, if a theatre goer even so much as suffers a scratch while watching this movie, it will feel like the Tomahawk missiles are belt fed, over Pyongyang.

In fact, that probably should have been the first U.S. statement when the theatre threat came to light. Enough is enough with that cheese fed dough-boy already.

The problem is all the sebaceous scrotums out there looking for an excuse and 15 minutes.

thehare said:
While it's just speculation on my part, Anonymous has declared they are going to be responding against NK in the next few days, under the label of "Operation RIP North Korea", so perhaps this was carried out by them.

Now this event could have been a normal technical difficulty experienced by the North Koreans, an attack by the US, Anonymous, etc (it's anyone's guess at this point) but if Anonymous' history has any bearing on what North Korea is to expect they should be expecting official networks and computer systems nonoperational very soon.

Nah. Anonymous is too busy knotting their knickers over the whole Iggy Azalea / Azalea Banks crap war.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/112865/post-1343234.html#msg1343234

cupper said:
Nah. Anonymous is too busy knotting their knickers over the whole Iggy Azalea / Azalea Banks crap war.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/112865/post-1343234.html#msg1343234

Ya, sometimes they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. They claim to be for freedom of expression (i.e. this NK incident) but I guess that only matters if they agree with what you say  :facepalm:

Just thought I'd bring up the possibility of them taking action against NK as "hacktivists" were mentioned haha :surrender:

NK lost their internet connection today for a few hours.Despite the Presidents vow to retaliate I wonder why stuxnet or some other nasty internet bug hasnt invaded their military computer network.

I wonder if the problem is that they just upgraded to Windows 8?

They likely just moved up to Win 95 therefore defeating any attempts to hack into them as no one remembers how to.

This is how NK deals with the world
http://youtu.be/5TEvacFETvM

Back