• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

non trade related course

j-f

Inactive
Reaction score
hi
i have been in the air force for 7 years now and I'm looking to try for CSOR.my question is about courses that might help me but are not related to my trade. Because I'm direct entry i have never been on a SQ or learned basic stuff like c6 , grenade , close quarter combat .... i have a cooworker that went through the process couple years ago , he felt the close quarter combat portion but when they found out that he never done it before they recycle him on the next one, since then i have never seen him again so he his probably in. there is a lot of course i would like to go on that would probably help me but i would like to know what are the rules to go on course that are not related to the trade. only need a MEMO ??? or remaster ha ha

thank you (sorry for my English I'm french Canadian) i speak a lot better then i write

My question is more to know if its possible to get infantry course without being infantry .... as a airforce other then basic I ha vent done any army stuff. Is there a form Or just have to write A memo. Because it is a CF course anybody should be able to do them ..
I already have plenty of info on the process us of csor . I just want to do course to help me thanks .

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have succeeded at SF Op selection without having a whole bunch of Army experience. They can teach you all the weapons skills they want you to know, their way. You only need to show up on selection (and course) with the personal attributes they require, and apply them at all times.

The CAF isn't going to put you on a SQ or Infantry DP1 if you're hard RCAF trade just because you want to try out as a SF Op. If those courses were a prerequisite for you to complete the course, they would be stated on their recruiting website.

Back