• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NIS/RCMP make drug bust at Shilo

Shamrock

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.forces.gc.ca (Boilerplate)

Two Charged With Drug Cultivation
CFNIS (WR) 2006-06 - August 22, 2006

CFB SHILO, MAN. - After a joint investigation by the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service (CFNIS) and the RCMP, with assistance of local military police, charges have been laid in relation to drug cultivation in the vicinity of the base.

Jeffrey Dwayne Riley has been charged under Section 5(2), trafficking in a substance, of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA), and Section 7 (2)(b), production of a substance, of the CDSA. A warrant for arrest has been issued for Thomas Edward Borecky. Neither accused has any known affiliation to the CF or the Department of National Defence (DND) and no military personnel are believed to have been involved.

An investigation was launched after military police with the CFB Shilo detachment received a complaint of suspicious activity in the base training area. Further investigation by the NIS drug enforcement team and the RCMP revealed two marihuana-grow operations along the Assiniboine River, one located on DND property.

Both grow operations – including more than 275 marihuana plants with an estimated street value of more than $400,000 – were destroyed.

The NIS is an independent military police unit with the mandate to investigate serious and sensitive matters in relation to National Defence property, DND employees and CF personnel serving in Canada and around the world.

- 30 -

BZ to the meatheads.  They may not be kicking down doors in the shacks because some troop things he smelt something funny, but this goes a long way towards cleaning up society as a whole.

Lets hope that if/when the media sniffs this out that it is made abudantly clear these two retards have absolutely NO connection to the CF, and that NO CF members were involved.

The media will definitely have all of their four paws on this one. ;D

And you wonder why patrols get lost?

Walking in the field and you stumble on a marijuana plantation?

I don't know if the troops would be trying to smoke it.. or dumping kit out
of their ruck sacks to take it home!!!  ;)

Just kidding.  We all know the correct answer is to burn it in a bonfire and stand downwind.

Oh wait.. I mean report to the authorities.

i personally hate drugs i mean the recruiter clearly states that when you sign up there is zero tolerance for drugs in the military if it were my way if you get caught after that your out no secend chances..................pro patria

Did you read the preceding posts? The perpetrators had no connection with the military.

harry8422 said:
i personally hate drugs i mean the recruiter clearly states that when you sign up there is zero tolerance for drugs in the military if it were my way if you get caught after that your out no secend chances..................pro patria

::) ::)

Trinity said:
We all know the correct answer is to burn it in a bonfire and stand downwind.

Can I quote you on that if I ever get charged for something like it? :)

Growing marijuana on DND property? I guess they took that whole "the most obvious spot to grow is the least obvious" philosophy way too seriously. I would have liked to see their faces if they were in the middle of harvesting and a patrol came through, full gear and weapons.

Frederik G said:
Can I quote you on that if I ever get charged for something like it? :)

Nope.. cause you're taking my post out of context....

Just like most people do with the bible  ;D

Trinity said:
Nope.. cause you're taking my post out of context....

Just like most people do with the bible  ;D

They burn the bible and stand downwind?   

Inspiration by Inhalation?

[Edit: See above posts]

Patrick H. said:
Growing marijuana on DND property? I guess they took that whole "the most obvious spot to grow is the least obvious" philosophy way too seriously. I would have liked to see their faces if they were in the middle of harvesting and a patrol came through, full gear and weapons.

Wouldn't be the first time... or the second time...

Back in 98 Meaford we came across hunters... they had a camp set up with lights.

Only problem was.. they actually HAD ammunition.  So our officer
wouldn't let us go near them and kick them off  ::) :(

Patrick H. said:
I would have liked to see their faces if they were in the middle of harvesting and a patrol came through, full gear and weapons.

Unfortunately, many outdoor and indoor grow ops have varying degrees of "security" devices to prevent either accidental discovery or rip off. A patrol is not much good with blank ammo when facing the real thing, eh.

What better place for a civie to start a grow op but on DND land. Less likely other civies will be looking for their secret stash and we don't actively look for pot plants while in the training areas. Mind you it would sure give a different meaning to "smokin' and jokin"! If you have soldiers packing more snacks than kit on FTX keep an eye on them! ;)

You should try Ft. Lewis, as part of the safety briefing they explain what to do when you come across a Meth Lab out in the training area. Over 5 days and 3 patrols we came across 2 old and one active.

Back