• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Niagara police officer with history of violence charged in suspected road rage incident

Recruiting high quality candidates for LE (and the CAF) is a challenge over the past five to seven years. The pool of candidates drawn to the profession - despite the better than average pay and benefits - is diminished by the ridiculously long hiring process (>2 1/2 years in my agency, for example). Many otherwise excellent candidate find something else and move away from LE. Some have no other employment options and stay in the process only to find the job isn't for them.

And, then, there's these guys who make it through al the hoops and end up giving their agency and the profession a bad name.

Two candidates I trained for my agency were arrested about two years after graduation as part of a drug investigation (internal conspiracy). As their former instructor, that was a real gut punch.
We found that there is a group of people who are professional hoop jumpers, very good at advancing their careers and little else. But they are excellent at playing the game to their advantage.

Though to be fair he probably would have kept his job if he fought it.

I would not bet real money on it.

an on-duty sexual encounter with a 19-year-old woman who was in a “vulnerable emotional state” at the time.

1 ) On-duty partners having a quickie with each other between calls was one thing. Not justifying it. But, never heard of them firing anyone.
With a client / victim / patient / vulnerable person ( or whatever one wishes to call them ), that was a hanging offence. Figuratively speaking, of course.

All of this happened while he was on duty in primary response,” which amounted to a “dereliction of duties,” the Crown said.

2 ) Taking your unit out of service to do it? Ditto.

Back