• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL 2011/2012 - Now "The Lockout" Thread

What team are you cheering for this year?

• Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 37 27.6%
  • Montreal Canadiens

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Ottawa Senators

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • Winnipeg Jets

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Calgary Flames

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Vancouver Canucks

Votes: 22 16.4%
  • New Jersey Devils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Islanders

• New York Rangers

• Philadelphia Flyers

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Pittsburgh Penguins

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Buffalo Sabres

• Carolina Hurricanes

• Florida Panthers

• Tampa Bay Lightning

• Washington Capitals

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Detroit Red Wings

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Nashville Predators

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • St. Louis Blues

• Colorado Avalanche

• Minnesota Wild

• Anaheim Ducks

• Dallas Stars

• Los Angeles Kings

• Phoenix Coyotes

• San Jose Sharks

• Total voters

pueId.png

:salute:

Well, a President's Trophy never seemed so useless until your team wasn't playing hockey in May.... :facepalm:

That being said, LA is a good team and the only reason they were seeded 8 was their slow start and off-game finish (dropping 2 to San Jose).  They played hard for 60 min, had solid defence and special teams, outstanding goaltending and their captain did what captains are supposed to do.  Dustin Brown had more goals then Daniel, Henrik, Booth, Kesler, Burrows and Higgens combined.

The better team won, and I hope they have some luck against the Blues.

That being said...Go Sens Go!

GnyHwy said:
BRUUUUUUUU[size=36pt]WINS!!!!!!!!![/size]

[size=24pt]GOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGG[/size]

Kat Stevens said:
[size=24pt]GOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGG[/size]

Kat, I believe that you may have mistaken them for the Leafs today. I'll bet you a beer, too, that when they wake up Thursday morning, the Bruins will still have some hockey to look forward to this playoffs.  >:D >:D

Infanteer said:
Well, a President's Trophy never seemed so useless until your team wasn't playing hockey in May.... :facepalm:

That being said, LA is a good team and the only reason they were seeded 8 was their slow start and off-game finish (dropping 2 to San Jose).  They played hard for 60 min, had solid defence and special teams, outstanding goaltending and their captain did what captains are supposed to do.  Dustin Brown had more goals then Daniel, Henrik, Booth, Kesler, Burrows and Higgens combined.

The better team won, and I hope they have some luck against the Blues.

That being said...Go Sens Go!

Now you know my pain over the last couple of years.

ArmyVern said:
Kat, I believe that you may have mistaken them for the Leafs today. I'll bet you a beer, too, that when they wake up Thursday morning, the Bruins will still have some hockey to look forward to this playoffs.  >:D >:D

I'll take that bet.

cupper said:
I really really hate the Penguins this year. They are forcing me to cheer for the Flyers. >:D

I'm just so tired of everybody out here droning on & on about "Tid'nay Cross-bey", it was nice to see the Flyers destroy them.

Now I hope the Flyers get knocked out.  >:D

Three of the last four President's Trophy winners have been knocked out in the first round. 

Maybe they've been expending too much energy in the last month or two, jockeying for a playoff position which ultimately doesn't make a whole lot of difference. 

Go Former Jets Phoenix!

bridges said:
Three of the last four President's Trophy winners have been knocked out in the first round. 

Maybe they've been expending too much energy in the last month or two, jockeying for a playoff position which ultimately doesn't make a whole lot of difference. 

Go Former Jets Phoenix!

The fourth I predict will be moving on to the next round tomorrow night.

cupper said:
The fourth I predict will be moving on to the next round tomorrow night.

Say what?  The President's Trophy-winning team from this year is already out, and presently figuring out where to deal their former #1 goalie.  You must be referring to the #2 NY Rangers, and I'd tend to agree - but don't count out the Sens just yet.  A team that has a fair amount of talent and good morale can go a long way.

bridges said:
Say what?  The President's Trophy-winning team from this year is already out, and presently figuring out where to deal their former #1 goalie.  You must be referring to the #2 NY Rangers, and I'd tend to agree - but don't count out the Sens just yet.  A team that has a fair amount of talent and good morale can go a long way.

Washington was President's Trophy winner in 2009 / 2010.

Detroit in 07/08

San Jose in 08/09

Vancouver in 10/11 & 11/12

Faccccccckkkkkkkkkkk

:mad:

Argghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Who the hell do I owe drinks to??

:blotto:

ArmyVern said:
Faccccccckkkkkkkkkkk

Argghhhhhhhhhhhhh

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:eek:k:

Next time you are in the DC area PM me and we will set something up! :cheers:

bridges said:
You must be referring to the #2 NY Rangers, and I'd tend to agree - but don't count out the Sens just yet.  A team that has a fair amount of talent and good morale can go a long way.

Not sure who I'd like to see in the next round match-up.

If Rangers win, we play them.

If Sens drop the Rangers, and Devils drop the Panthers, we play Jersey.

If Sens win and Panthers win, we get Philly.

Ideal would be Jersey. Worst possible would be Rangers. Philly, meh.

ArmyVern said:
Faccccccckkkkkkkkkkk

Argghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Take that Brad Marchand, you Rat-Faced Little Cretin!

ArmyVern said:
Faccccccckkkkkkkkkkk

Argghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I will buy you one to mitigate your losses, right after I dust of my clubs.

All we need is for the Rangers to be shown the door, and this Playoff will be a complete 'changing-of-the-guard-gongshow'.

Back