• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL 2011/2012 - Now "The Lockout" Thread

What team are you cheering for this year?

• Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 37 27.6%
  • Montreal Canadiens

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Ottawa Senators

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • Winnipeg Jets

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Calgary Flames

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Vancouver Canucks

Votes: 22 16.4%
  • New Jersey Devils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Islanders

• New York Rangers

• Philadelphia Flyers

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Pittsburgh Penguins

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Buffalo Sabres

• Carolina Hurricanes

• Florida Panthers

• Tampa Bay Lightning

• Washington Capitals

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Detroit Red Wings

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Nashville Predators

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • St. Louis Blues

• Colorado Avalanche

• Minnesota Wild

• Anaheim Ducks

• Dallas Stars

• Los Angeles Kings

• Phoenix Coyotes

• San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
PPCLI Guy said:
Take that Brad Marchand, you Rat-Faced Little Cretin!

Well said!!  :nod:

First the Pens out, and now the Broons.......this is turning out to be a delightful week indeed!

cupper said:
Washington was President's Trophy winner in 2009 / 2010.

Detroit in 07/08

San Jose in 08/09

Vancouver in 10/11 & 11/12

I'm not sure what was the purpose of quoting that list - other than to prove my point that 3 of the last 4 President's Trophy-winning teams were turfed in their first round:  San Jose, Washington and this year's Canucks.  Detroit took the cup, but they were the 5th-last.    So thanks, cupper!  ;)   

Lately, what gets a team to the top of league play hasn't necessarily served them well in the playoffs. 

I would ordinarily have supported the Bruins, but still irritated by how Tim Thomas took the Presidential congratulatory photo op last year and made it about him, instead of about the team.  So I'm not too sorry to see him go down.  Yes, it's petty...  ::)

Stats don't favour the Sens tonight - Rangers have never lost a Game 7 at the Gardens.  Here's hoping there's a HUGE upset. 

bridges said:
I'm not sure what was the purpose of quoting that list - other than to prove my point that 3 of the last 4 President's Trophy-winning teams were turfed in their first round:  San Jose, Washington and this year's Canucks.  Detroit took the cup, but they were the 5th-last.    So thanks, cupper!  ;)   

Lately, what gets a team to the top of league play hasn't necessarily served them well in the playoffs.

You thought I was referring to the Rangers when I posted (or so I thought). So I was providing clarification.

I misread or misinterpreted that the past 3 of 4 winners were turfed THIS year.

Anyway, no matter.

OK.    :)

The Rangers' play last night was generally underwhelming, except for Lundqvist.  Hopefully for their sake he'll stay hot for the rest of the playoffs.

Too bad the Sens took their time ramping it up.  Tortorella summed it up:  “We defended our ass off in the third period.”  ...  :not-again:

bridges said:
I would ordinarily have supported the Bruins, but still irritated by how Tim Thomas took the Presidential congratulatory photo op last year and made it about him, instead of about the team.  So I'm not too sorry to see him go down.  Yes, it's petty...  ::)

Stats don't favour the Sens tonight - Rangers have never lost a Game 7 at the Gardens.  Here's hoping there's a HUGE upset.

He wasn't the first player to not visit the White House, just the first under Obama and the press ran with it.

That being said, I don't give a rats ass about playoff hockey now that the Bruins are out. :'(

bridges said:
Too bad the Sens took their time ramping it up.  Tortorella summed it up:  “We defended our *** off in the third period.”  ...  :not-again:

The Sens didn't deserve to be there if the Rangers didn't spend the last 5 minutes of a Game 7, up 2-1, defending.

Doan - same here.  He's one of the few original Jets still playing. 

I like the Preds and think they should have had the game last night. They've got a solid edge in goaltending, IMO, and I hope they can exploit it.

I'm still getting caught up - no hockey in Cuba.

I'd like to see a Philly- Phoenix  final.  And have it go a full 7 games.!    :nod:

krustyrl said:
I'd like to see a Philly- Phoenix  final.  And have it go a full 7 games.!    :nod:

That'd be awesome for my hockey pool!

ArmyVern said:
Go Phoenix Quebec Winnepeg!!!

TFTFY too.  >:D

The Nordiques went to Colorado. Former Jets went to Phoenix.

I think Vern was alluding to the speculation that the Yotes all end up in la Belle Province. :nod:

Scott said:
I think Vern was alluding to the speculation that the Yotes all end up in la Belle Province. :nod:

I'll believe it when the puck drops in the Pepsi Centre. The League has been trying to sell the Yotes for the past several years, only to have things fall through every time they said they were close to a deal.

But you have to give the guys on the ice great credit for putting all that BS behind them, and putting up better and better performances each year in the face of all that uncertainty, especially not knowing where/if your team will be playing next year.

cupper said:
I'll believe it when the puck drops in the Pepsi Centre. The League has been trying to sell the Yotes for the past several years, only to have things fall through every time they said they were close to a deal.

But you have to give the guys on the ice great credit for putting all that BS behind them, and putting up better and better performances each year in the face of all that uncertainty, especially not knowing where/if your team will be playing next year.

Ahhhhh yes, but things have changed here in la belle province this year ... we have no franco coach. What a difference that makes apparently.  >:D

La VDQ is ready & begging - with arms wide open!

ArmyVern said:
Ahhhhh yes, but things have changed here in la belle province this year ... we have no franco coach. What a difference that makes apparently.  >:D

I'm hoping that the Molson's make the move and hire Pierre McGuire and get him the F off the air. :mad:

And if they do move the 'Yotes, maybe we'll finally see the Cup come back to Canada (after it comes to DC though) ;)

Back