• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL 2011/2012 - Now "The Lockout" Thread

What team are you cheering for this year?

• Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 37 27.6%
  • Montreal Canadiens

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Ottawa Senators

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • Winnipeg Jets

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Calgary Flames

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Vancouver Canucks

Votes: 22 16.4%
  • New Jersey Devils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Islanders

• New York Rangers

• Philadelphia Flyers

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Pittsburgh Penguins

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Buffalo Sabres

• Carolina Hurricanes

• Florida Panthers

• Tampa Bay Lightning

• Washington Capitals

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Detroit Red Wings

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Nashville Predators

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • St. Louis Blues

• Colorado Avalanche

• Minnesota Wild

• Anaheim Ducks

• Dallas Stars

• Los Angeles Kings

• Phoenix Coyotes

• San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Aaron Asham got four games. I think that's fair.

Now on to Raffi Torres. He clearly left his feet and has a history of huge hits although I am unsure of his suspension history.

Great game between the Predators and Wings last night and I won't shed one tear if Detroit is bounced.

Torres has 2 suspensions (4 games and 2 games) and a fine (elbow to head) in the last 2 years. I think he's gonna get a fairly lengthy suspension, at least 8 games. He clearly left his feet before impact and targeted the head. The timing of the hit was perfect, the execution was absolutely brutal.

PuckChaser said:
Torres has 2 suspensions (4 games and 2 games) and a fine (elbow to head) in the last 2 years. I think he's gonna get a fairly lengthy suspension, at least 8 games. He clearly left his feet before impact and targeted the head. The timing of the hit was perfect, the execution was absolutely brutal.

Torres brings nothing to the game but a complete disrespect for any opposing players. If Shanahan does nothing then it will be up to Chicago to remove him themselves!

With all the Bruins haters calling them the dirtiest team ever isn't it funny that their series with Washington is probably the least dirty. 8)

Except for the repeated cross-checks to the face by Washington players.

IMO all this crap started years ago, and the way junior players (14 and 15 year olds) were taught to play - anything goes. I've witnessed them crosscheck and elbow each other in the face repeatedly. Due to the fact that no one loses any chicklets because of the bubble wrap modern hockey players are dressed in, nothing is done to curb this crap.

It all starts when they start bodychecking. Coaches encourage crappy cheap play and dives (no way you say - come to Winnipeg and watch the 11-12 year olds).

I coached hockey for 1/2 season - and I will never do it again. Its utterly sickening what parents expect and to hear their prodigy isn't a Great One sets them off.

Sportsmanship in minor hockey is a myth and that myth is carried on in the NHL.

2 Cdo said:
Torres brings nothing to the game but a complete disrespect for any opposing players. If Shanahan does nothing then it will be up to Chicago to remove him themselves!

With all the Bruins haters calling them the dirtiest team ever isn't it funny that their series with Washington is probably the least dirty. 8)

Except for the repeated cross-checks to the face by Washington players.

I don't think Torres can be put in the same league as some of the other malcontents but I haven't seen much of him.

I don't think Boston's a dirty team but Marchand is a liability and proves it almost every game. Does the risk of him doing something stupid outweigh the potential rewards? =/=

Torres is a habitual headhunter.  He was a liability for us last season.  I hope he gets chucked for the rest of the playoffs as he is dangerous.

I'm just looking forward to tonites Philly-Pens game.  Desperation for Crosby and his team and plenty of momentum for the Flyers.
Game on.!!!

krustyrl said:
I'm just looking forward to tonites Philly-Pens game.  Desperation for Crosby and his team and plenty of momentum for the Flyers.
Game on.!!!

I hope the Pens play hockey for a change. MMA and WWE isn't cutting it.  :facepalm:

Well, Torres has been banned indefinitely pending an in person hearing on the 20th. According to nhl.com the hearing was set for today but put off at Torres' and the NHLPA's request. Given how they handle such matters it would seem that Torres knows he's in for a long period of sitting down.

Good.

Jim Seggie said:
I hope the Pens play hockey for a change. MMA and WWE isn't cutting it.  :facepalm:

Well, it appears you got your wish. Too bad Philly failed to show up.

What's the answer for Jonathan Quick?

Cory Schneider!  :D

Infanteer said:
What's the answer for Jonathan Quick?

Cory Schneider!  :D

Just what the 'nucks needed! It's about time we scored on the power play too.

My daughter sent me this yesterday. It is currently posted on my office door.

Now, now...

Aren't his current difficulties linked to a concussion? 

Shouldn't that be Ilya Bryzgalov? Or even Marc Andre Fleury?  >:D

I really really hate the Penguins this year. They are forcing me to cheer for the Flyers. >:D

Back