• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Next SOBQ course?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next SOBQ course is scheduled to start? I've ehard they are going from 2 courses per year down to one.

Flawed,

They never ran 2 course per year. They ran 2 selection one in the spring and one in the fall. And that has only been recently. The SOBQ is run once a year as it is time intensive. The next course starts in the winter.

Ah that's what I meant, the selections.

Are they still running 2 selections or are they down to one per year?  And do you know if the spring selection is before or after March?

If they do run 2 selections a year, the spring one is run after March yes.

Now mind you this is all non comfirmed info, I highly reccomend you contact the Unit and ask direct questions of the recruiting cell.

http://www.csor.forces.gc.ca/rs/index-eng.asp

The bottom of that page has the contact info for the Unit recruiting cell.

Oh and Selection is called ISAP, the SOBQ is the actual Operators course.

The current plan is to conduct one ISAP this year (currently underway having started 03 Nov). An SOBQ will be conducted in the New Year and as of yet a decision has not be made as to the draw for next year. The advice cited above, to contact the unit, is your best approach as they will not only give you some timelines but also be able to answer your questions as to pre requisites etc.
dmd

There you have it folks can't get a better answer then from the man in charge.

Back