• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

News: 15 Mar 2019 Christchurch NZ Mosque Shootings

AbdullahD

Inactive
Reaction score
I'll preface this post, I do not want to, nor do I intend to become "that" person who posts anti-Islamic stuff as some way, shape or form of mitigating the evil that is committed by those Kafrs claiming to be Muslim.

Without further comments.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/14/asia/christchurch-mosque-shooting-intl/index.html

- mod edit to differentiate from analysis thread -

One of my best buddies / groomsmen lost a family friend and is waiting to hear from extended family - Fijian Muslim family with a lot of family in NZ. 

I have seen the video. It’s awful. Absolutely terrible. He went in shooting and got a whole bunch of people cornered in a big open room and just kept shooting into two piles of people. Start to finish it was three and a half minutes before he made it back to his car.

He handled his firearms reasonably well considering the situation. I won’t be surprised if he has firearms training and possibly former service. He had two long guns inside, a semi auto (shotgun I think) that he started with and discarded after nine rounds, and then an AR with a few high capacity magazines (39 rounds continuously at one point from one magazine). In his car trunk he had another AR or something similar, and a couple red gasoline jugs with something taped to them externally- likely IEDs. 

I’m still wrapping my head around this. Absolutely unbelievable. 

One mosque attendee caught him a tackle but took shots as he made contact. The shooter picked himself back up, fired a few more at that person then just kept killing without pause.  The shooter spoke English, but only spoke to himself quietly near the end. 

I think this may be the single worst thing I’ve ever watched.

CNN now reporting 40 dead.

Looks like British media has already gotten a look at the social media of one of the shooters- Aussie born and I think British raised. If this is even fractionally accurate, we’re looking at a right wing white nationalist extremist who pretty much wants race war and sees himself as avenging Muslim Terrorism in Europe.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8642007/christchurch-mosque-shootings-brit-gunman-racist-manifesto/

One of the things that immediately jumped out at me was ‘Alexandre Bissonette’ as one of the names written on his magazines. He was inspired by past acts of mass violence.

Brihard said:
One of my best buddies / groomsmen lost a family friend and is waiting to hear from extended family - Fijian Muslim family with a lot of family in NZ. 

CNN now reporting 40 dead.

A lot of my buddies are fijian and a lot of them have friends or family in NZ. I am having a hard time processing this all.

One of the confirmed fatalities I know of was Imam of Noor Masjid Hafiz Musa Patel.

My heart is broken in two tonight, your recap even via text was tough to read. Scary as hell.

Edit for unnecessary detail.

Sorry. Still rattled by this. Turns out what Insaw was the short video there’s a second longer one that gets worse. Basically he got another gun and went back.

What a goddamned monster.

Split into separate thread given the scale of the attack.

Army.ca Staff

Condolences to all those affected ...

Usual "early reports" caveats apply.

More on this via Google News here, Bing.ca news here and the EU's news aggregator here - list of NZ media to track here.

I seen some of the shooters writings. He brags about using firearms specifically to inflame the (western) left who will push for more gun control which will inflame the right and start a war.

I think you're right Brihard about a nationalist trying to start a racewar. I hope he survived and gets to rot in prison.

Latest from NZ police (~0500 Eastern Daylight Time):
UPDATE 8: Christchurch serious firearms incident
Commissioner stand-up
Friday, 15 March 2019 - 10:10pm
National News

Please attribute to Police Commissioner Mike Bush

Police continue to deal with what is an unprecedented event for New Zealand. The loss of life and the number of those who have been injured is tragic.

As the Prime Minister has stated, this has been designated a terrorist attack.

This has been an abhorrent event and my thoughts are with all of those affected in Christchurch. Be assured NZ Police stand with you all tonight.

We now know that 49 people have been killed in the attacks, 41 people at the Deans Avenue mosque, and seven at the Linwood Avenue mosque. One person died in hospital.

The number of those being treated in hospital has been updated to 48 people.

A 28-year-old man has been charged with murder and is due to appear in the Christchurch District Court tomorrow morning.

Two others remain in custody. Another person was arrested earlier today however that was not related to these events.

This is still an ongoing situation and Police has a significant number of staff on the ground in Christchurch

We are unable at this stage to provide details about matters leading up to the attacks. It is very early days and these matters will form part of the investigation.

There is an increased Police presence across Christchurch and surrounding areas. Our priority is to keep all New Zealanders safe.

There are community events planned across the country this weekend and there will be a visible Police presence at these events for safety and reassurance.

We thank the public for their ongoing co-operation and we would like to reassure members of the public that a large Police presence will remain in the city for the time being. The safety of the community is our priority.

Police wish to notify the public of the Restoring Family Links (RFL) website (link is external) where people can register missing persons or register themselves as alive. People living in New Zealand can also register missing persons on 0800 115 019.

Information will continue to be provided as it becomes available.

Our thoughts remain with all of those affected.

ENDS

Issued by Police Media Centre
Updates are also being shared via what looks like an official NZ police FB page here.

Interesting statement by a politician, I think it has *some* merit. To many issues are not being reconciled, acknowledged or dealt with in any way, but are left to ferment and fester.

He condemns violence, but hazards a guess at the underlying issue.. I wouldnt crucify him over that.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12213197

Abdullah

AbdullahD said:
... He condemns violence, but hazards a guess at the underlying issue.. I wouldnt crucify him over that.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12213197
Well, at least according to his Twitter feed, he's consistent in his message.  Interesting that he's such a specific statement on a controversial issue so close to a May election in Australia.

https://thenewsrep.com/115359/eco-fascism-makes-its-terrifying-debut-in-new-zealand/?fbclid=IwAR0uZKxCNlIy-kHU9R8mWg-KOPLHbRlGtG0obqYFhIfy9yxvw3y5PWHr_N4

Colin P said:
https://thenewsrep.com/115359/eco-fascism-makes-its-terrifying-debut-in-new-zealand/?fbclid=IwAR0uZKxCNlIy-kHU9R8mWg-KOPLHbRlGtG0obqYFhIfy9yxvw3y5PWHr_N4
Like the closing line ...
... in this ideological conflict there is no Raqqa to bomb and no Special Operations raid that can wipe out its leadership cell.

My prayers and condolences for the victims. Very senseless. The words spoken to one of the shooters was " hello brother". Definitely a brave man who was spiritually ready for the worst.

Numan Afifi
@NumanAfifi

Today is chaos. But one incident stood out.

Final words of the first Muslim man to die were “hello brother”.

Even at gunpoint, he showed us to be peaceful, gentle and kind.

Let’s stop the violence instead of fueling it.#christchurch

4:54 AM - Mar 15, 2019 · Geneva, Switzerland

For anyone who saw the video, my thoughts keep going back to the one man who got shot as he connected the tackle. I hope we learn, in time, who that sheepdog was. I gather something similar happened at the second mosque that was not on video.

According to the NZ Herald one of the worshipers at the Linwood Mosque returned fire at the attackers with either a shotgun or rifle:

Second shooting at mosque in Linwood

A second shooting happened at a mosque in the Linwood area of the city.

One Friday prayer goer returned fire with a rifle or shotgun.

Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots around 1.45pm.

A well known Muslim local chased the shooters and fired two shots at them as they sped off.

He was heard telling police officers he was firing in "self defence".

"They were in a silver Subaru," he told police.

Link here. Scroll down to almost end of article to find above quote.

I hope it’s more clear now why I got fired up a few weeks back when the concept of ‘white nationalism’ was getting frigged off. This is the most horrific manifestation of exactly the fears I was speaking of. This is why we have to call that toxic swill what it is.

Back