• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Zealand and Australian Army Vision Standards?

Friedrich

Inactive
Reaction score
I did a search for this and I didn't find anything. Does anyone have any information about the vision standards for the NZ or Australian Army? I'm having a hard time finding anything on the net, as well.

I've looked there. The only thing I can find that has to do with eyesight requirements is......"The ADF requires a high level of visual correctness to meet the unique nature of the military environment." Not exactly what I was looking for.

The fact is, the Canadian Forces high visual standard is keeping me from the Combat Arms, but I know that's where I want to go. I've been looking at Commonwealth countries to see if I meet any of the visual requirements. No luck yet....

Fredrich

You have 11 posts.  Each and every one of them is on Your Vision and problems you are having with Your being accepted to the Cbt Arms.  You are on Army.ca and we have given you advice on joining the CF.  We are not Army.ww, and therefore can not give you advice on the requirements to join any other Army in the world. 

Sorry.  You have a problem.  We have a problem also, when you "spam" the site asking the same questions over and over again.  The answers may be worded differently, but they will always be the same. 

Friedrich said:
The fact is, the Canadian Forces high visual standard is keeping me from the Combat Arms, but I know that's where I want to go. I've been looking at Commonwealth countries to see if I meet any of the visual requirements. No luck yet....

As George says, you have a vision problem that apparently is keeping you out of Combat Arms. fine.

Combat Arms has a tail to nose ration or about 1-7, 1-9, whatever. Your value may lie in one of the fields that support them. Give it some thought.

George Wallace said:
Fredrich

You have 11 posts.  Each and every one of them is on Your Vision and problems you are having with Your being accepted to the Cbt Arms.

I have made 2 posts about my condition. Sorry that the answers I was getting wasn't what I was looking for. I was always taught to ask questions when I wanted to know something :)

You are on Army.ca and we have given you advice on joining the CF.  We are not Army.ww, and therefore can not give you advice on the requirements to join any other Army in the world. 

Can not, or won't? And, I thought I was in the foreign military section? I guess I didn't see the part in rules where it says you're not allowed to give me this information.

Sorry.  You have a problem.  We have a problem also, when you "spam" the site asking the same questions over and over again.  The answers may be worded differently, but they will always be the same

No, not necessarily. As I said before, I asked a couple times about my condition because I wasn't getting to the answer that I needed. This post seems a lot different than "Why am I a V4?" if you ask me.

GatesPZP aka Fredrich

I see you have come forward with a bad attitude to make some waves in desperation, but more importantly, you have just admitted to holding two Accounts on this site.  That is contrary to the Rules of Conduct for this site.  It is now up to you which account you wish to keep, and which you want deleted.  You have Thirty minutes as of 1936 hrs EST to make up your mind or you will be BANNED, on both Accounts, from this site.

George Wallace said:
GatesPZP aka Fredrich

I see you have come forward with a bad attitude to make some waves in desperation, but more importantly, you have just admitted to holding two Accounts on this site.  That is contrary to the Rules of Conduct for this site.  It is now up to you which account you wish to keep, and which you want deleted.  You have Thirty minutes as of 1936 hrs EST to make up your mind or you will be BANNED, on both Accounts, from this site.

Sorry mate, get rid of Gates. I didn't even know I still had that. It automatically logged me in. And you never answered my questions. I don't think I was in the wrong with this post.

If you want information on joining a foreign military the best place to get it is from that service directly.  All you will get here are second hand answers and advice with the best of intentions.  The ONLY people who can give you the goods are the actual RECRUITERS.  Please don't come here and ask questions trying to verify what recruiters have told you.  That is just wasting the recruiters time, your time and our time.  They have the real information.

Now go to the site for the Armed Forces of your choice and knock your self out.  /lectureoff

Friedrich/GatesPZP,

since it appears that there are no Australians or New Zealanders posting here with current experience in thier medical criteria for recruiting, I suggest you put pen to paper and ask those countries' Recruiting systems directly:

Australia - http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/default.asp?p=123

DEFENCE FORCE RECRUITING CENTRE LOCATIONS
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
PO Box 39
Woden Plaza ACT 2606

New Zealand - http://www.army.mil.nz/careers/joining-up/regional-recruiting-offices/default.htm#sww

For more specific enquires please find your Local Recruiting Office contact

South Wairarapa and Wellington

* Wellington Region Recruiting Office
      11th Floor
      Tourism & Travel House
      79 Boulcott Street
      WELLINGTON

Two letters shouldn't cost much, though you may have to patient waiting for an answer (but that will be good practice for you), and you probably won't get banned from using Canada Post for being insolent.

Friedrich said:
I have made 2 posts about my condition. Sorry that the answers I was getting wasn't what I was looking for. I was always taught to ask questions when I wanted to know something :)

Anyone can look up your posts.

The mod is correct. Every post you talk about your vision problems in one form or another.

All i remember about the Australian army eye test is listening really carefully to the bloke in front who was going into the Commando's and had told me just before that he had 20/20 vision  ::)
Mate, if you cant see properly then you really should start looking into support arms. You'll find that theres a reason they'r so strict and thats because you need good vision in both eyes in the combat arms. Theres still plenty of other good jobs out there in the military that arent combat arms, the best bit about them is that when your old and crusty you can actually go into something in the civie world.

Back