• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Trucks for the gun‘s

A

ArmyAl

Heard that we are getting new trucks for the guns, anyone out there have a idea if thats happening, and if so what it might be?
cheers

???? hmmm lets see the BV206 have towed them and MLVW‘s why do we need a new truck ?

i think u forgot the Grizzly, they tow the guns also

Axeman:

"why do we need a new truck"

The Army does not need a new truck to specifically to tow the guns, as in the C2/C3 &/or LG1 MK.II, but the Canadian military needs new medium trucks period. The trucks are 20 years old. The entire fleet was recently shut down due to wear and tear on the truck fleet‘s axles (at least I think it was the axles), but regardless the entire fleet was shut down. They are ancient vehicles that need to be replaced. The vehicles are simply worn out. Likely replacements are the Osh Kosh Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement (MTVR) [USMC], the Stewart and Stevenson FMTV 2.5/5.0 tonne Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTV) [used by US Army], and the venerable Mercedes-Benz UNIMOG 6X6 class are the likely leading contenders.

Geez, you are making me feel old. I remember when the MLVW was brand new! The introduction of the Gun SEV was pretty sweet as well,
unfortunately I was beyond being a gun number by then. :D

Yes the MLVW is showing its age (20+ years now). However with the cumulative rust old occuring within the CF, it will be a number of years before we get new ones.

MLVW‘s are recent compared to the deuce and a half, that was my first detachment vehicle.

From what I understand, there are new ammo tubs that can‘t fit in the ammo bins, one thing that comes to mind.
I heard that they asked the gunners what would be a good replacement, as for the grizzly, heard it was good but lacking in space.
Yes I do agree for new ML varients, but knowing the system, we get a new one to replace 5 old one‘s !

Back