• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Threshold "Fitness Testing" at BMQ/BMOQ

GraemeCaughill said:
I was given the same sheet after completion of my interview and medical.
this seems to be the new testing standards. there have been several videos on youtube via the canadianforces channel and on the website.
i would expect all of these tests if not all but the sand bag lift. but i have no idea yet.
all i can do is keep prepping.

FORCE is in full swing now.
If you fail it, you were most likely legally deceased at the time of testing. It's not hard, just be a good runner when you show up.

Jayrickson said:
If you fail it, you were most likely legally deceased at the time of testing. It's not hard, just be a good runner when you show up.

Expect some milpoints soon, haha.

Jayrickson said:

Agreed!  I am currently in week 12 and looking back at the force test I must say if you can't pass that you must right dress your life!

Jayrickson said:

haha alright ill keep that in mind, i've certainly kept my physical fitness high, and i am in no way worried. thanks for the heads up. ill be sure to check my pulse before i begin.

cheers, good luck with the rest of your basic!

Which parts of the force test are being used exactly cause I ve seen so many different hybrid versions that have apparently been used. Is this the full actual force test without the shuttle run?

Jayrickson said:

I'm not a good runner and I did just fine.  ;)

Just like most people, who've done the FORCE test, or the EXPRES test, BFT, PT 400, 2 by 10s, Warrior Run...the list goes on.

Rohandro said:
Which parts of the force test are being used exactly cause I ve seen so many different hybrid versions that have apparently been used. Is this the full actual force test without the shuttle run?

Quote from Forces.ca -
The initial physical fitness evaluation will consist of the FORCE Evaluation. Watch the videos of the four components of the FORCE Evaluation on the Personnel Support Programs (PSP) web page.

You must achieve the standard for all of the four components of the FORCE Evaluation in order to go on with your BMQ/BMOQ course.

If you do not meet the standard of one or more of the four items, you will join a specialized fitness training program that is also offered at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School (CFLRS). The program integrates overall health coaching, diet and a rigorous personalized fitness program that lasts a minimum of 28 calendar days and a maximum of 90 calendar days. From the moment you achieve the standard of the four components after the 28-day period, you are reintegrated onto a BMQ/BMOQ course. If unsuccessful at the end of 90 calendar days, you will be released from the CAF.

Rohandro said:

The full FORCE test now

Eye In The Sky said:
I'm not a good runner and I did just fine.  ;)

Just like most people, who've done the FORCE test, or the EXPRES test, BFT, PT 400, 2 by 10s, Warrior Run...the list goes on.

I was referring to the focus of the PT at St Jean. It's a great deal of endurance. If your legs are weak or cardio is poor, the trend is you go to A/Injured platoon or Warrior platoon.

Thanks for the MP, gents.

Jayrickson said:
I was referring to the focus of the PT at St Jean. It's a great deal of endurance. If your legs are weak or cardio is poor, the trend is you go to A/Injured platoon or Warrior platoon.

I know all about the *cough* Warrior *cough* platoon/coy/Regiment whatever size it is now;  I was an instructor at CFLRS in '06-'07 when it came into existence. 

I also know about the FORCE test, and the others I mention, from doing them myself.  ;)

Having done the FORCE, I personally wouldn't call it a great deal of endurance.  The march from Hershy North/South OP to the hardshack at DDT1 back in '98 was a bit of an endurance challenge; I was carrying my and one of my students rucks.  It was about 15 miles/km or something like that. :2c:

If the FORCE is a challenge to pass, you've got some work to do. 

I think you two are agreeing on the same thing.  Jayrickson also said the FORCE test was easy.  He said that for PT in general, one should be a good runner/have good cardio.

Back