• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Small Arms

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
I am wondering what the status of the PDW project and the sniper rifle to replace the C3A1 is. Thanks in advance.

Ex Dragoon
Get hold of me, my email is screwed. But there is the new 50 Cal snipers rifle. :evil: :tank:

The PDW is all but dead,the new sniper rifle will be in .338cal but we will have to wait for the results of a whole new trial and eval. as the last one was flawed.
The .50cal is also going to trials and eval which is a waste of time and money as a suitable one is already fielded.
The Diemaco C7CT should be coming on line soon as the new designated marksman‘s rifle .

I read a little while ago that the Acurracy International Arctic Warfare .338 was going to replace the C3A1.In this article it said that it had passed all the trials and was well liked by the troops using it.

I kinda liked the PGW (Prairie Gun Works) entries...never mind that it was made right here!

The AI rifle did not pass any trials,in fact none of the rifles subbmitted did due to an unrealistic test requirement.The AI rifles are an interesting concept but are not all that accurate compared to others in the trial.There is only one rifle that is universely accepted by the sniping community and the AI is not it,to give you a hint it is made in Canada.

http://www.army.dnd.ca/38cbg_hq/Headquarters/G3/g3_ppt/inf_future.ppt

According to this the PDW project isn‘t dead, whats the sniper rifle built in Canada that you are referring to? :akimbo:

The Prarie Gunworks Timberwolf is pretty much accepted as the most likely candiate,of course it still will have to go to trial and evaluations.
As for the PDW it is a flawed concept at worst and poorly executed at best,the piss poor performance of the intermediate caliber weapons such as the P90 and HK MP7 are further indication that a mid length barrel C7/C8 ( in the area of 16 inches )type weapon is the best option for all concerned.The ability to have common replacement parts for all issued rifles is desirable.Why this is not seen by those making the decisions is beyond me

THE PDW is gone...
Orignally it was a 4" then 6" barreled 5.56mm.
4inchPDW.jpg

It was later bumped to the 10.3" CQB barrel - all due to bullet performance issues, as C77 is not very effective under 2500fps (impact).
At that point it was realised that the C8 can do pretty much all that the PDW was going to do.

I fully agree with Reaper in 16" midlenght system force wide.

Something like these.
DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

Installation of the Freefloat M203A1 GL on the URXII Carbine MWS rail.
assemble%201.jpg

now how does that ‘freefloat‘ M203 attach?, does it just hang down?

Back