• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Rucks

danteh

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys I have searched and could not find an answer so it was time to post.

I'm currently doing my DP1 in Meaford right now, on week 6 and we had just finished our range week which included the ruck to and from the grenade range. For people who don't know the area it about a 9km ruck there and back. Anyways, after the ruck I had noticed that my shoulders and neck were killing me. Now I'm not the fittest guy in the world, but I am definatly not the weakest, I can hold me own so my question is; are there any tips on adjusting the new rucksacks to be more comfortable. Obviously rucking isnt supposed to be comfortable but I was hoping there were some little tips you guys could give me on ways to adjust it.

Thanks Alot

I don't have the new ruck, but I know when my shoulders and neck hurt after a ruckmarch, its usually due to the fact that I have my shoulder straps too tight, and not enough load on my waistbelt.

Talk to your staff, they should be able to help sort out your kit.

release shoulder straps from the top side and tighten your waist strap (I personally took out the waist strap since it digs in to the pelvic joints) but you get the point

Hey Danteh,

I know the exact route you are talking about, and remember heading over there on my DP1 to throw some grenades ;D

Are you wearing armor on the march?  It could be something to do with that, I would keep making adjustments, shifting the weight, and trying different straps, it's gonna take some trial and error.  As for the new CTS rucks, I can't help you much, but I have noticed a lot of guys who were issued them have gone back to the 64 pattern and even 84 pattern, if nothing else they are much lighter, and I've heard the CTS ruck has compatibility issues with armor/tac vest but that has already been well covered here, not ideal for infantry.

Some it also is your body is not yet used to doing these sort of rucks, I'm sure you're not the only one who was sore, that being said it's not something you should ignore if there is possibility for injury.  Good luck.

-Steve

This thread was started May 2010, I'm pretty sure by now danteh has his issue resolved.

Yup, I just relized multihobbyist brought it to the top yesterday...sigh...

-Stve

Back