• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"New" Rolling Stones Song released - I AM PUMPED!

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
You can hear it here
"Plundered my Soul" is a song from the same sessions that produced the 1972 album Exile on Main Street, with such songs as Roll This Joint, Tumblin' Dice, Turd on the Run, Loving Cup and others, probably most notably (for Keith Richards) being Happy.  For me, I get to hear another song that has the talented Mick Taylor on lead guitar, instead of the competent Ron Wood.

So it was this line up you hear on the track:
the_rolling_stones.jpg

And not this one:

rolling%20stones-saidaonline.jpg

Enjoy!

Gimme Shelter is the only Stones song I listen to, and it's on Rockband when I'm jamming the hell out of it on "Hard" (not "Expert", though).

I pretty much play that song and "Fortunate Son" on repeat until my wife demands I change it up, at which point I switch to "Mississippi Queen" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" on repeat.

My 9 year old does drums on "Gimme Shelter" (and other songs) on Rockband.  She does the middle level and gets 60-80%.  She rocks!

I, however, do not rock.  I only roll.  Downhill.  When I'm drunk :cheers:

If I wasn't so worried about my 3-year-old getting ADHD from the flashy colours I'd have her trying it too.

Petamocto said:
If I wasn't so worried about my 3-year-old getting ADHD from the flashy colours I'd have her trying it too.
ADHD isn't caused by flashy colours.  I think it's caused by the CIA, part of their old Cold War programs still haunting us ;D

Technoviking said:
ADHD isn't caused by flashy colours.  I think it's caused by the CIA, part of their old Cold War programs still haunting us ;D

That's why it's important to wear the tinfoil hat !!

Technoviking said:
ADHD isn't caused by flashy colours.

Yes it is, when combined with rapid scene changes on television.  There are other factors, but the American Academy of Pediatricians (group of thousands of doctors) has almost exclusively blamed television watched between 0-2 years old as the cause.

It has to do with how fast the scenes change on modern television (compared to shows in the 80s where it would be two puppets talking for 2 minutes on one camera).  Modern shows are extremely fast-paced, and the problem is when you put a baby in front of that TV their brain is still developing and making connections. 

The link is that if your kid's brain develops to accept info at that rapid rate and it becomes hardwired to do so.  Then, when you take them away from that environment everything seems like slow motion which is why they can't sit still. 

They use normal life (reading a book, playing with blocks) as "Speed 1", and that's what you want your toddler's brain to form at.  Modern TV is approx "Speed 6" they have found, and some shows like Japanimation as much as "Speed 2".  So imagine how your brain is formed, and then think of people doing things around you at 1/6 speed...it would drive you nuts.

Petamocto said:
Yes it is, when combined with rapid scene changes on television.  There are other factors, but the American Academy of Pediatricians (group of thousands of doctors) has almost exclusively blamed television watched between 0-2 years old as the cause.

It has to do with how fast the scenes change on modern television (compared to shows in the 80s where it would be two puppets talking for 2 minutes on one camera).  Modern shows are extremely fast-paced, and the problem is when you put a baby in front of that TV their brain is still developing and making connections. 

The link is that if your kid's brain develops to accept info at that rapid rate and it becomes hardwired to do so.  Then, when you take them away from that environment everything seems like slow motion which is why they can't sit still. 

They use normal life (reading a book, playing with blocks) as "Speed 1", and that's what you want your toddler's brain to form at.  Modern TV is approx "Speed 6" they have found, and some shows like Japanimation as much as "Speed 2".  So imagine how your brain is formed, and then think of people doing things around you at 1/6 speed...it would drive you nuts.
I'm glad you've cracked the nut on ADHD.  According to these guys:
http://www.adhd.ca/portals/adhd/eng/1215456774865.html
Although the exact cause of Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) remains unknown it has become increasingly clear that ADHD has a biological component and requires early diagnosis and intervention. There is evidence that ADHD appears to have a hereditary component, the result of genetics. A number of unproven causes have been suggested over the years but most of these have been shown to be false.

And this, about the myths of ADHD
In the past, uncertainty about the causes of ADHD created a fertile climate for speculation of all kinds. Many theories — notably those holding parents to blame in some way for their child's uncontrolled behaviour — have been advanced and were later determined to be unfounded. Among the most well-known myths, are environmental causes such as:

Diet (e.g., food additives or sugar)
Poor parenting.
Extensive research demonstrated that food additives had little if any effect on children's behaviour. The theory that refined sugar causes hyperactivity is not supported.

A common view was that poor child rearing and poor child behaviour management led to hyperactivity. While parents may react negatively to their children's behaviour that does not mean they cause it. It is likely parental frustration is an effect, not a cause, of ADHD. In fact when a child's ADHD symptoms are reduced, parental negative behaviour is reduced. More and more evidence shows that ADHD does not stem from home environment, but from biological causes. It has become increasingly clear that ADHD is a neurobehavioural disorder that requires a medical diagnosis and treatment.

Technoviking, I found the same info regarding ADHD.  The AAP does recommend no television for children two years and under but I did not see where they "exclusively blamed" television for ADHD.

The US department of Health and Human Services concurs:
http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/epcsums/adhdsutr.htm
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common childhood-onset psychiatric disorders. It is distinguished by symptoms of inattention,
hyperactivity, and impulsivity. ADHD may be accompanied by learning disabilities, depression, anxiety, conduct disorder, and oppositional defiant disorder.

The etiology of ADHD is unknown, and the disorder may have several different causes. Investigators have studied, for example, the relation of ADHD to
elevated lead levels, abnormal thyroid function, morphologic brain differences, and electroencephalograph (EEG) patterns.

PMedMoe said:
Technoviking, I found the same info regarding ADHD.  The AAP does recommend no television for children two years and under but I did not see where they "exclusively blamed" television for ADHD.
The AAP may recommend that, but the assertion that they blame TV as the cause of ADHD is false.

EDIT TO ADD:
I think that I have ADHD.  I just violently agreed with you, moe!  :salute:

OK then, I recommend that young children watch TV while wearing sunglasses AND a tinfoil hat !!

Jungle said:
OK then, I recommend that young children watch TV while wearing sunglasses AND a tinfoil hat !!

Have you been watching my house on BigBrotherVision again?  ;D

OK, back on topic.  Who is leaving work early to go buy the new Stones song?  ;D

The findings of the AAP are infalible.

I have 1 x daughter, and this daughter has not watched TV.  She now consistently has the best attention span and is the calmest kid everywhere she goes where there are other kids.

Thus a 100% certainty that television is the cause*.  You can't argue with science.

*Granted that 1 may not be enough to be granted legitimate status as a scientific survery.

Ask yourself this:  Does your kid have ADHD?  Did they ever watch TV before they were 2 years old?  You're welcome.

I'll trust the American Academy of Pediatrics  ;)

Petamocto said:
Ask yourself this:  Does your kid have ADHD?  Did they ever watch TV before they were 2 years old?

No (1 child) and yes.  I'll even go one better and answer for my mother: No (6 children) and yes.

There, I have better "proof" than you that it doesn't cause ADHD.

From The Merck Manual:

ADHD is a brain disorder that is present from birth or develops shortly after birth.

Watching TV in the womb, were they?

Some people have raised concerns about whether food additives and sugar may cause ADHD. Although some children seem to become overactive or impulsive after eating foods containing sugar, studies have confirmed that ADHD is present at birth and that food and environmental factors do not cause the disorder.

So, I can understand that watching TV could make ADHD symptoms worse (or cause seizures), but there is no proof it is caused by watching TV.

Even the AAP site did not say it was.

Now, back to The Rolling Stones.

Stop debating the infallibleness (tm) of science!  ;)

The earth is flat and dogs' blood saves lives, okay?  Sheesh.

Petamocto said:
Ask yourself this:  Does your kid have ADHD?  Did they ever watch TV before they were 2 years old?  You're welcome.

I'll trust the American Academy of Pediatrics  ;)
(This is more for everyone else)
Yes, I have a kid with ADHD.  Yes, she watched TV before she was 2 years old.
I also have a kid without ADHD.  Yes, she watched TV before she was 2 years old. 

Now, for seriousness, what some think is ADHD is simply bad parenting.  Kids who run amok in malls, whine and bleat and generally misbehave, are NOT exhibiting  the symptoms of ADHD when they do this.  Attention Deficit does NOT mean that they cannot pay attention to something, rather, they cannot ignore something.  As an example:

My daughter with ADHD remembers everything.  She has no choice in the matter.  She can be quietly drawing pictures in the corner as my wife and I talk about "x".

My daughter will remember what we said, and she will also remember her drawing, the sounds of the cars driving by outside, etc.  They cannot filter stuff out in order
to give the appearance of focussing on something; however, if something more appealing rears up, she'll revert to that.  To illustrate:

As you are reading this, stop for a second, and listen.  Listen to EVERYTHING around you.  The air system pumping in air, a co-worker typing, two others talking, etc.  Of all these sounds, how many were you aware of before you stopped to listen in?  Probably not very many.  Someone with ADHD cannot focus that out.

The HD part, is not jumping up and down, running around, biting the heads off of chickens or whatever.  It is involuntary movement or fidgetting.  As an example, my daughter chews all sorts of stuff.  It used to be her shirt sleeves.  Now her teachers allow her to chew gum, which allows her to satisfy her brain's craving for stimulation.  You see, that's the problem.  So, my cure for ADHD?  Other than more cowbell, it's The Rolling Stones!!!

(See how I came back to the Greatest Rock and Roll Band?) ;D

Back