• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New PT Test Requirements...Whining

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't got anything to add since everyone here seems to be wasting their breath on Brixxie here.  

But I had to say Mud Recce Man;

"I myself don't go to the cockpit when I am flying somewhere and start beaking off at the pilots that they are all 31 flavours of f$$ked up." :rofl:

That's the funniest damn expression I have heard in a while! +1!

Oh Please Someone hand me a tissue!

This isn't about you failing the push ups and having to retest,
This isn't about you being female,
This isn't about what you have or haven't given the CF already,

It's about you thinking that you shouldn't have to pass the minimum PT standard, that it's stupid and that the CF is loosing soooo much talent by adhering to dare I say it,.... a minimum standard in PT (which could not be described as anything but MINIMUM)

Work at it, retest, pass and then when you are enrolled you can continue to train and achieve an even better standard, but last timed I checked, whining about anything rarely promoted fitness!

Retake the attitude you displayed before.

Brixxie said:
This thread has lost its integrity. I am the mother of two soldiers children. I have given my self to the CF in more ways then as a soldier. I have stood by my troops since the day we were called into action and before that time.  To many nights I have been with out my husband my friend my company and my life partner all so i could give him to his country. Don't tell me I haven't done anything yet.

This is not about me. this thread is about shaping the army of the future.

You keep making this about a single event. The point is not me the point is taking someone and placing them in a platoon where there will do nothing but fitness train. Can you really ask for more? they will have 4 weeks to beat and exceed the minimum .

Turning away talent so you can have the infantry full of Rambo's is silly!
on another note- many MANY people retest the PT ...infact as I was handing in some med info  4 of the 6 people waiting to PT test were retries. Know where they failed? STEP TEST.
and these were young men.

As for failure in the forces in general. ITS HOW you learn. I know avid hunters who failed their gun safety test. Does this make them any less of a soldier? Not really they just have to go back and retest.

I also see the pecking order and find it really amusing.

Too funny.  this thread is all about YOU whining about how you failed the standard test and that there should be a lower standard or not standard at all for entrance requirements.

As for your family pedigree:  big deal.  I, like many other people here, were born into the military and married it -- twice.  Good god, I even bred it as I have to sons in a reserve infantry unit.  Get over yourself.  Breeding with someone in uniform does not give you any rights to critique what you can not accomplish. 

Please tell me what immeasurable talent you possess that should allow you or anyone else bypass a simple fitness test... especially when we have tried to explain to you the requirement for pushups might mean more than what you think.

As for your comment regarding failure in the force (ie. "it's how you learn").  Bull.  You know what, when people in my trade make mistakes, people DIE.  It isn't about learning from your mistakes.  It is about learning not to make them in the first place.

I go back to my original point: Get over yourself.  You failed the fitness test.  You don't have a right to join.  You have to earn it. 

i never said I should get in even if I failed ROFL
WHAT!?! !>!>!>!>>1

I'm going to retest . And I will pass
Ive been working for it . I sucked it up!
I want this more then anything right now. I am willing to work for it. Just like every other recruit who has obstacles to get through.

I still don't think a holding platoon to get in shape is a bad idea.

x-zipperhead said:
I haven't got anything to add since everyone here seems to be wasting their breath on Brixxie here.  

But I had to say Mud Recce Man;

"I myself don't go to the cockpit when I am flying somewhere and start beaking off at the pilots that they are all 31 flavours of f$$ked up." :rofl:

That's the funniest damn expression I have heard in a while! +1!

Well then atleast something I did today was for a good reason... ;)

Mud Recce Man said:
Well then atleast something I did today was for a good reason... ;)

Yeah I'm still chuckling when I look at it a couple hours later.  I'm going to have to use that sometime.

Cheers.

IMAG0005.GIF

IMAG0004.GIF

Learn it. Love it.

Patrick H. said:
IMAG0005.GIF

IMAG0004.GIF

Learn it. Love it.

just to say that if this guy was in st-jean, PSP staff would failed him right away. He is not low enough. That is what bother me in st-jean , the standard are not follow as it should. I saw a guy do 34 push up like these and they failed him.

Brixxie said:
I still don't think a holding platoon to get in shape is a bad idea.

So you think that the Government paying people to get in shape so that they can serve our Nation is worth while.  As opposed to investing that money directly into the military for the trained troop.

If a fatbody is too lazy to prepare themself to join the military, I see no effort afterwards to do their job.  God forbid they were in a firefight and had to maintain a highlevel performance.  They would remember back in the day of the fatbody holding platoon, and wait for the WO to come over can carry them until they were accustomed to fighting, eh.

sad, very sad.  Yep, there sure is a pecking order.

Those that get it, and those that don't.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
So you think that the Government paying people to get in shape so that they can serve our Nation is worth while.  As opposed to investing that money directly into the military for the trained troop.

If a fatbody is too lazy to prepare themself to join the military, I see no effort afterwards to do their job.  God forbid they were in a firefight and had to maintain a highlevel performance.  They would remember back in the day of the fatbody holding platoon, and wait for the WO to come over can carry them until they were accustomed to fighting, eh.

sad, very sad.  Yep, there sure is a pecking order.

Those that get it, and those that don't.

dileas

tess

Im sure the end is near....I believe we are agreeing 48th! ;D

cheers

bullit:
"just to say that if this guy was in st-jean, PSP staff would failed him right away. He is not low enough. That is what bother me in st-jean , the standard are not follow as it should. I saw a guy do 34 push up like these and they failed him"

That's why they count out loud and give you a demo prior.
My thought of the day: How do you even have sex if you cant do 9 push ups?

just a thought.

There just soooooo many NASTY answers to that question that I am simply not going to walk down that road.

Just to add my 2p to the discussion....

I have to say brixxie, your attitude is coming across rather petulant and dare I say it....whiney.

CF physical standards are low enough as it is. The simple fact is that to be a soldier (whether an infantryman, combat engineer, clerk, or driver), you need to be fit. You become a liability on the battlefield if you haven't got a minimum standard of fitness. As for the attitude that 'failing is how you learn', if I fail on my job, people could die at worst, at best get savagely injured. There's no retests in combat/on operations.

You should be thankful in fact that the CF maintains some standard of physical fitness, whereas I don't think there's many civvy companies/organisations who would do the same. Joe Bloggs civvy may be the greatest, most brilliant technician in his trade, and as such, you think he should be spared something so mundane as PT tests, but if he keels over at 30 from a heart attack because he was a fat mess, well, he's not much use to society then is he?

You failed. Take it on the chin, do press ups every day, pass the test, and wind your neck in before you get to basic. Once you've been in a while you'll see why fitness is important to the military.

geo said:
Boy oh boy......
1)  The fact that someone has to do the step test instead of the shuttle run would be that he has a problem with the knees or one with the ole ticker.....
2)  Durint the step test, the PSP type will take your blood pressure on an ongoing basis.... if you go over 141... they stop the test (note that on the shuttle run your BP can go to the moon and back as long as you're still standing)
AND (here's the kicker)
3)  At the conclusion of the step test, they manually calculate your VO2 capacity.  If you are over the weight the CF Med types say you should be at for your height, then you fail... even if you are all "torked up" with no fat ....

You're going to have to do better than that Brixxie

Just a comment number on 2 here, I just did my step test , they took B/P twice , before level 1 and after level 6 , never during the test itself.
IMHO standards need to be met if for no other reason than for the recruit to show that he or she is serious and committed about joining. I was a 400 lbs er when I started trying to meet the standards , and Ive got to say that they were a big help in motivating me when going out for a run at 5 am or walking by Dixie Lee ( Chicken Joint for you Westerners)for that matter . Looking back I say to myself ......Self , you never thought you would ever be able to make it this far , and you did , so if you try REALLY hard you might get an invite to join Paracowboy someday for some PT. Lofty goals I know but you do need something to shoot for  ;D

I know for a fact that some testers have you wearing a heart moniter for the duration of the step test.

When you say heart monitor , do you mean a device that shows your pulse or a three lead heart monitor that shows a waveform?

Towards_the_gap said:
Just to add my 2p to the discussion....

I have to say brixxie, your attitude is coming across rather petulant and dare I say it....whiney.

I dropped this yesterday , because my point was lost completely and it was just getting stupid.  I'm going to keep at it and retest cool.
I know its important. I know fitness is important I know fitness is important I KNOW FITNESS is important.

I just thought with all the extra money going into the CF extra funding to train skilled potential recruits in fitness was a good idea!!!

La Fin!

I just thought with all the extra money going into the CF extra funding to train skilled potential recruits in fitness was a good idea!!!

There you go again,

The extra funding is intended to keep a highly effective Military, not to create a Jenny Craig for the lame and lazy.

dileas

tess

Let's train already fit, skilled recruits in something that they couldn't train for on their own prior to enrollment instead of wasting money on something they should have done in the first place.

This is the same point people have been trying to get through to you for two days. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back