• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Member with a Question

jbloom

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm a 22 year old from Montreal.  I sent in my application for Infantry feb 26 2007.  I was told by the recruiter that they were missing 100 people in St-Jean, and that the chance of me leaving for St-Jean in April were very good. He told me I should hear from them in two weeks to do my appitude test, medical and interview. 

I called today about doing my appitude test, and a lady told me that my security clearence hasn't been finshed and I couldn't do my appitude test until it was finshed.  Now I have to wait two more weeks, which will lessen my chances of leaving for St-Jean in April.

From reading other posts it seems like others have done their medical, interview and appitude test before they their security clearence had been finshed.

My question is shouldn't I be able to do my medical, interview and appitude test while I wait for my Security clearence to be finshed.  Should I call them back?

p.s. I don't have a criminal record or bad credit and I have lived in Canada for 22 years.

I'm guessing the answer is no, because thats what they told you.  They are the ones in charge, so get used to doing what you're told if you want to be in the military.

Good Luck and be patient!  It'll come, and very quickly.

kc

I doubt it's your security clearance; many people at RMC still haven't had theirs come back yet, and they're obviously in the military.

You're probably thinking about the enhanced reliability check (or whatever they call it this week), which is different. The thing is, they'd potentially be wasting money by having you run the other tests without knowing whether you'll be getting in or not. Hang in there, it'll come.

Frederik G said:
I doubt it's your security clearance; many people at RMC still haven't had theirs come back yet, and they're obviously in the military.

You're probably thinking about the enhanced reliability check (or whatever they call it this week), which is different. The thing is, they'd potentially be wasting money by having you run the other tests without knowing whether you'll be getting in or not. Hang in there, it'll come.

That makes sense. I guess I'll have to wait till they call.

Thanks for the responses.

Don't understand, CF is accepting recruits that are below physical standards hoping to whip them into shape.

Why not continue with the recruitment process while waiting on security clearance, there is no cost factor involved,( unless travel expenses and meals ). The personnel doing the testing are being paid regardless.

actually there is a cost to all of that....

Think of all the people working in the CFRC treating the hundreds of files that pass by them. whether you like it or not, time is money, paying the bloggin guys who do hundreds of verification every day, the electricity, all of his beneficial advantage, his infrastructure etc...etc...

perharps you don't think it is expensive, but if you count all the CFRC that request the check

So i think that is why they have to wait that he passes this first step, perhaps it is to prevent from more unnecessary expenses.

Recruiting space is at a premium these days.  Why bog he system down with people that won't get in.  Criminal records, credit problems can all stop the process and prevent enrollement.  Although the "testers" are being paid there is no sense in booking valuable medical and interview appointments for those people until we know they are clean.

Same thing happened to me, I was the only one that had to wait for the security clearance while everyone else who came in that day was processed all in one day. I guess it was something I said along the way.

heyas man i'm from Montreal too well north of Montreal and sometimes the security/credit check goes quicker than others now you said that ya dont have a criminal record and thats ok but they dont know that so sometimes it takes a bit longer but be patient it will come i'm very anxious myself too not even sure if i'll make it in for the May session of BMQ but worse case it'll be in June if all goes well:)

Cee said:
Same thing happened to me, I was the only one that had to wait for the security clearance while everyone else who came in that day was processed all in one day. I guess it was something I said along the way.

Or...

There was something on your application that wasn't on theirs. All processed all in one day (no way)?? Security checks and all?? Like I said...no way.

I came in with a group, we did the CFAT, filled out a sheet about drug uses, did the finger prints, and then the rest did their medical and interview. I don't really mind I'm patient enough and just makes the process even sweeter.

Well I'm climbing the mountain. Tuesday I'm suppose to take the CFAT. I'll probably be at basic in May.

I could be wrong but I believe the recruiting officer has the ability to grant you an Enhanced Reliablity to get your application going and get you enrolled. However, me thinks you wouldn't get too far or have too many options in the military with only an ER clearance.

Spud

Back