• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New magazine offers fitness tips to jihadists planning attacks in Afghanistan

40below

Inactive
Reaction score
Just ... wow.

A new pro al-Qaeda magazine for extremists is offering fitness tips to jihadists planning attacks against Americans in countries such as Afghanistan.

The first edition out this month offers workout tips to get buff with the aim "to train as hard as possible in order to damage the enemies of Allah as much as possible."

The English language e-zine, Jihad Recollections, is about 70 pages long and is thought to be produced by an American living in North Carolina. It claims to have articles written by Osama bin Laden and his second in command, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Pull-ups, walking on your hands and crawling long distances are just some of the suggested exercises that come along with illustrations of white-robed men with scarves covering their faces…perhaps not the most comfortable of work-out clothing.

Readers are advised to avoid weights during training because they aren't available on the front line. They are also told to stay away from the gym because of the "un-Islamic" music and the presence of "semi-naked women," and to carry on even if they feel exhausted "for Allah's sake."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=7389753&page=1

Jihad Recollections Issue 1
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13978807/Jihad-Recollections-Issue-1

Michael O'Leary said:
Jihad Recollections Issue 1
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13978807/Jihad-Recollections-Issue-1

Not available through the DWAN firewall.  Go figure.  All I wanted to do was compare it to the Army Fitness Manual.

I wonder if there are tips in there for how to be fit enough to outrun 25mm rounds, or agility training to dodge the cyclic rate of fire from an airborne M134 Minigun....

PuckChaser said:
I wonder if there are tips in there for how to be fit enough to outrun 25mm rounds, or agility training to dodge the cyclic rate of fire from an airborne M134 Minigun....

Serpentine!  Serpentine!

I am sure that is in there somewhere.

All I wanted to do was compare it to the Army Fitness Manual.

Their use of dynamic stretching and compound exercises would impress the PSP staff.  That said, the section on nutrition seems lacking.  It suggests that your strength comes from Allah, and not a necessarily a healthy ratio of protein, fat, and carbs.

I do find it interesting that they'd emphasize interval running and lower body endurance.  Perhaps as a lesson learned from <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsA9VtQ_uLg>this</a> engagement?

In any case, I'm not too worried.  A bit of meat on them offers better terminal ballistics. >:D

**EDIT** Puckchaser you stole my joke!! ARGHHH!

Don't bother running Mr Taliban...you'll just die tired.

Regards

Shouldn't they be recommending some serious carbo-loading, after all, one must be prepared for the strenuous activity that comes with receiving 72 virgins from Allah.  >:D

Wonderbread said:
Their use of dynamic stretching and compound exercises would impress the PSP staff.  That said, the section on nutrition seems lacking.  It suggests that your strength comes from Allah, and not a necessarily a healthy ratio of protein, fat, and carbs.

I thought the recommended diet did seem a little light in proteins such as pork, personally.

Michael O'Leary said:
Shouldn't they be recommending some serious carbo-loading, after all, one must be prepared for the strenuous activity that comes with receiving 72 virgins from Allah.  >:D

The virgins are really all mid-thirties male Star Trek fans still living in their parents' basements.

I doubt that there will be much of the anticipated activity going on.

Loachman said:
The virgins are really all mid-thirties male Star Trek fans still living in their parents' basements.

I doubt that there will be much of the anticipated activity going on.

Well, you can't use a game controller if you blew your thumb off triggering an explosive Mae West.    ::)

On the subject of games. did you read the comments on the Ac-130 video?
The internet is such a "wonderful" place, where all the "learned" can share their opinion  ::)
China's Internet\Gaming Addiction boot camps sound like a really good idea.

Faygo232 (19 hours ago)
Im sorry but the voices in this video sound like abunch of kids that played COD4 and made a bullshit video and put it up here, and therefore this video is shit to me

Mtek43 (1 day ago)
this is the Vid where COD4 " Death From above "was made this vid is from 2002

Numpz007 (1 day ago)
"Got a vehicle moving now. One of the vehicles is moving right now." That exact quote is in Call of Duty 4!

All I can say : "American Ninja 2", I know, these picutres were taken on the island at the secret ninja training camp that belongs to "The Lion"....where is Sgt Armstrong when you need him  ;D
Does that mean the Jihadists have perfected the art of cloning super ninjas  :p

All I can say:To say the Insurgents are in poor shape as Canadians is more self gloating than anything.I've seen first hand insurgents running with recoiless rifles at break neck speed.These men live in the mountains.Their daily life is a little harder than our morning PT (and gym time for the enthusiast).

Of course they realise PT of a certain type is important.I've seen Jihadist in Chechnya on video challenging each other at "base camp" in a pull up competition etc.

Lets not forget ANA rock fights over.....well anything it seemed.I can imagine the chits if our units had rock fights. :nod:

Lets not under estimate a very Strong enemy.

X-mo-1979 said:
All I can say:To say the Insurgents are in poor shape as Canadians is more self gloating than anything.I've seen first hand insurgents running with recoiless rifles at break neck speed.These men live in the mountains.Their daily life is a little harder than our morning PT (and gym time for the enthusiast).

Of course they realise PT of a certain type is important.I've seen Jihadist in Chechnya on video challenging each other at "base camp" in a pull up competition etc.

Lets not forget ANA rock fights over.....well anything it seemed.I can imagine the chits if our units had rock fights. :nod:

Lets not under estimate a very Strong enemy.

Fair. Reminds me of another quote:

Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Is this Training or Course Manditory or a Prerequisite for Suicide Bombers. ???

"Before beginning any workout, one must stretch and warm up for at least 10 minutes..."

Seems like we will be winning the fitness battle - outdated training methods!

This page has a link to the downloadable PDF on Megashares - havent had a chance to test if it works or if it is virus-free...

http://www.ansarnet.info/redirector.php?url=http://d01.megashares.com/dl/f3a5418/M67L6QU.zip

FastEddy said:
Is this Training or Course Manditory or a Prerequisite for Suicide Bombers. ???

I get the feeling that this article stems from the recent suicide bomber mishap

Back