• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"New" Lee Enfield Rifle

I did not think the SSSA was a tabloid shooter's mag. I've been a member since 1995. 

Try www.marstar.ca and/or www.lawranceordnance.com or as a last resort google "AIA M10 Carbine" ( I just did, and there is many hits) and maybe this will somewhat enlighten your little knowledge on the AIA family of small arms.

Stick to your lane of expertise on this subject matter when it comes to AIA. I've known about them for 6 yrs. We've all owned various models of the .303 Lee-Enfield rifle. I still have 5 myself neatly tucked away back in Canada.

Wes

EDITed for clarity and spelling

Actually, DirtyDog cut in line, as Spinnaker guessed the INSAS, but didn't follow up with a pic of his own.

Fast moving thread, this.

"IMO nothing can beat the real 1942 No4 MkII* Longbranch"

- Surely you mean a Number Four Mark ONE Star (No. 4 Mk. I*) made by Small Arms Limited and roll-marked Long Branch on the left side of the receiver!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee-Enfield

;D

I own a Lee Enfield.  The store was over stocked and practically giving them away for less than $100.  I haven't had the chance to bring it out to the range yet.  I'm looking forward to firing it.  Hopefully I'll have time next weekend.

I had the pleasure of actually handling one of each model of the AIA "product-improved" SMLE last month during a visit to Wolverine Supplies in Virden, MB.  They are a truly beautiful rendering of an updated classic design.  The machining, woodwork and fit/finish are all first-class - far and away superior to any "genuine" SMLE that I have handled in the past.  And yes, I do own several of my own including an unfired 1950 Long Branch No 4.  As is the case with Wesley (whom I've personally known for 17 years), I tend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to firearms.  Any other topic is open to debate, but I do know my guns. 

The AIA rifles appear to be excellent value for the money.  $700 and change is pretty reasonable when you consider the cost of a new Remington or Winchester bolt-gun.  From what I've seen first-hand, the AIA rifles are simply superb in terms of craftsmanship and value for the money.

Just my $.02 - your mileage may vary..... 

Jeez.  When Wes goes ballistic the max ord is amazing.

Hold on while I get some popcorn and a fresh beer.

Jim  ;)

Well I am a proud owner of a Chinese Clone of the 1911 and listening to various gunsmiths that have worked on Norinco products, they have nothing but praise for the quality of steel used. Now their ability to work with alloy frames for guns is still suspect at this time. Also the finish of my CZ clone is quite nice. 

Old Guy said:
Jeez.  When Wes goes ballistic the max ord is amazing.

Hold on while I get some popcorn and a fresh beer.

Jim  ;)

Ha! Ya, Jim, it just shytes me to tears when some fellow comes tramping in, and rudely at that, and begins to basically call me lair'.

Call it character assination if you must, ha!

For the record, the AIA family of carbines and rifles, both in 7.62mm NATO, and 7.62mm M43, are indeed great quality firearms. According to His Nibs though, AIA as he puts it, 'simply is not'.

Need I say more?

Cheers from Shyteland, on yet another hot, sunny and dusty day,

Wes

Wes,

I'm not a small arms expert, nor much of an expert at anything, really.  But I've been reading your posts for a long time and there's no doubt in my mind that you know whereof you speak.  I consider myself a generalist who attempts to apply common sense to issues.  Sometimes I write half-decent humor, too.

Anyway, forget this crap.  Mind what you're doing.  I look forward to congratulating you on your return home.  I'll even throw in the offer of a few beers if you ever get to Colorado.  I drink MGD, but I don't force that stuff on the unwilling.  I do, however, draw the line at a couple six-packs of your favorite brew.  I've seen you lot drink before.

:)

Jim

Wes, I can't PM you - I think the ' ' in your username are screwing the system up.

Cole, there has been a few problems in the past, as I often get PMs, but sometimes this some not work. It might be a problem at your end somehow.

Cheers,

Wes

Gordon Angus Mackinlay said:
So I must say that these 'Australian International Arms' are not.

Yours,
G/.
G.A.MACKINLAY

Ya, its been well over 2 yrs since this thread was last added...

For the unbeliever know-it-all above, where ever he is now.......  http://www.australianinternationalarms.com.au/ even now his attitude shytes me off  ;D

To all who are interested, kindly navigate the entire site.

OWDU

Hello gentlemen, I have one of these rifles, there is nothing k-mart about them, don't get in a tizzy about the hype because they are made in Vietnam, the hard facts are that AIA is in Australia, and things in oz really suck with regards to firearms, who can blame the manufacturer for keeping a low profile, anyways, the only drawback is that apparently our government here in Canada has decided that we are not going to be allowed to buy anymore 7.62 ball ammo.  :rage:, but at least you can take up reloading or use .308 factory ammo, I got mine sighted in with ease about a month ago, after that I loaded 5 rounds in there and hit the 200 yard gong 3/5 times, the gong is the size of a dinner plate, it's one sweet shooting rifle, the one I got is the #4 MKIV variant, it's all high quality steel and high quality teak wood, NO POLYMERS, and they come properly bedded from the factory, a hell of a deal for the price they are asking. - Best regards all.

marmaloon said:
the only drawback is that apparently our government here in Canada has decided that we are not going to be allowed to buy anymore 7.62 ball ammo. 

Hi, glad you like your AIA rifle.

Can you please provide a reference for the above quote.

Regards,

Another AIA owner,

OWDU

marmaloon said:
Hello gentlemen, I have one of these rifles, there is nothing k-mart about them, don't get in a tizzy about the hype because they are made in Vietnam, the hard facts are that AIA is in Australia, and things in oz really suck with regards to firearms, who can blame the manufacturer for keeping a low profile, anyways, the only drawback is that apparently our government here in Canada has decided that we are not going to be allowed to buy anymore 7.62 ball ammo.  :rage:, but at least you can take up reloading or use .308 factory ammo, I got mine sighted in with ease about a month ago, after that I loaded 5 rounds in there and hit the 200 yard gong 3/5 times, the gong is the size of a dinner plate, it's one sweet shooting rifle, the one I got is the #4 MKIV variant, it's all high quality steel and high quality teak wood, NO POLYMERS, and they come properly bedded from the factory, a hell of a deal for the price they are asking. - Best regards all.

- Hitting a dinner plate only 3/5 times at 200 yards would get any new rifle I bought a quick trip back to the fool who sold it to me.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." - Colonel Townsend Whelan.

Overwatch Downunder said:
Hi, glad you like your AIA rifle.

Can you please provide a reference for the above quote.

Regards,

Another AIA owner,

OWDU

Well, if you can find some more power to ya, in this part of the country, there is SFA, unless you include the odd  surviving lot. Last time I checked Wolverine was 'bringing in' some PMC, this is supposed to be a bargain at almost $1.00 per shot. It ain't out there.  Plenty of discussions on the issue on CGN, I don't know if you place much store in comments on CGN but it's good enough for me.

TCBF said:
- Hitting a dinner plate only 3/5 times at 200 yards would get any new rifle I bought a quick trip back to the fool who sold it to me.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." - Colonel Townsend Whelan.

Good for you 'sir'.

marmaloon said:
the only drawback is that apparently our government here in Canada has decided that we are not going to be allowed to buy anymore 7.62 ball ammo.
What's your source for this 'rumour'?  There is NO such ban in place. It may be hard to find and some might say it's expensive, but it's not banned.

Let's be honest here.... there is a huge demand for 7.62mm ammo at this time.
Between what is going on in the middle east (Gaza, Iraq) &  the Indian subcontinent (Afghanistan, Pakistan, India), the national governments are gobbling up as much 7.62 & 5.56 ammo as the manufacturers can produce.

Back