• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]

Once you get back from your HHT and finalize that claim can’t you get the funds transferred to you bank account?

kev994 said:
Once you get back from your HHT and finalize that claim can’t you get the funds transferred to you bank account?

There's nothing on the BGRS portal that offers a DFT of finalized funds option.  We haven't asked our representative yet. I've only posted first hand experience.

kratz said:
We just attempted to pay for our hotel....both the "Visa" and debit would not work for the hotel's payment system. We had to use our personal debit card and must now use 3/15 cash withdrawals to reimburse ourselves.

Thankfully, the car rental agency accepted the card for payment.

IMO the card is turning into a "food only" card. From our experience.

If you don't mind me asking, what car rental company did you use? I may try to use the same company. Also, I assume then that the car company doesn't put a hold on extra fees.  I thought I read something that those fees wouldn't be able to get put on the card again since it's a cash card

Reply # 71, page 3 of this thread.

BGRS books the car rental agency. For our HHT, it was Hertz and at the airport counter, the company would not accept the BGRS Visa Reloc card because it's a pre-paid card. We had to use our personal CC for the deposit / hold.

kratz said:
Reply # 71, page 3 of this thread.

BGRS books the car rental agency. For our HHT, it was Hertz and at the airport counter, the company would not accept the BGRS Visa Reloc card because it's a pre-paid card. We had to use our personal CC for the deposit / hold.
So just to clarify, you only had to use your personal credit card to hold the room when you made the reservation which I'm assuming is still done by the mbr and then when paying, we can use the reloc card?

Keep in mind that if you plan to use your cc for insurance it will only work if you use it to rent and pay.

It's been a while since I had a posting so I don't remember how this worked before either but does BGRS book only the flight and making the car reservation and then the mbr can call any hotel they want to make a reservation or does BGRS do that also?

Hotel booking is all you.  HRG will book flights and car (if you want). 

ArmyVern said:
Perhaps every single member who is posted should be doing up an invoice(s) to submit to BGRS for their clocked billable hours doing their own bookings, scheduling, research, form submissions, transfers, phone calls, scanning, documentation, time taken towards fixing the errors, and seperate service charges to BGRS for doing their jobs for them each time they need to log in, upload, file a receipt into their wallet, etc etc etc.

I just finished 5 hours of printing, scanning, uploading, sorting, processing ect...to finalize three claims from our HHT. I like the suggestion for billing BRGS for our work on their behalf.

kratz said:
I just finished 5 hours of printing, scanning, uploading, sorting, processing ect...to finalize three claims from our HHT. I like the suggestion for billing BRGS for our work on their behalf.

I keep on hoping that they will discover digital signatures, printing off documents and scanning is such a pain in today's age.

-  Received Posting Msg 28 Feb - msg itself is dated 28 Feb.
-  Tried registering on BGRS today - 5 March.  It accepted my file.
-  Only glitch - the I AM NOT A BOT widget during registration doesn't work on DWAN IE.  Switched to Chrome and it worked.

Something I'm a bit unclear about at this point:  Is there an additional step to initiate the posting allowance thing with DRBM or does it happen automatically when I register on BGRS?

Reading all this crap makes me happy this is my retirement posting. The last system was already a disaster and now they've made it even worse. Remember when we used to have Admin Clerks that actually took care of us?

AirDet said:
Reading all this crap makes me happy this is my retirement posting. The last system was already a disaster and now they've made it even worse. Remember when we used to have Admin Clerks that actually took care of us?

Don't need / want clerks until....I will stop here.

All - for the move, you should be able to download a DND 483 from the DFC on the dwan. I'm literally 2 weeks into this move process and i'm sick of it already.

I haven't registered yet so I haven't been able to see all the regulations.  Can someone here tell me if I'm allowed 1 or 2 hotel rooms for our DIT.  It will be my wife and I plus our16 year old son.

stellarpanther said:
I haven't registered yet so I haven't been able to see all the regulations.  Can someone here tell me if I'm allowed 1 or 2 hotel rooms for our DIT.  It will be my wife and I plus our16 year old son.

The answer you are looking for is in the relocation directive available online without registration.
In short, your are entitled to 2 rooms.
http://www.forces.gc.ca/assets/FORCES_Internet/docs/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/relocation-directive-2009-2015.pdf

jollyjacktar said:
Shouldn't that be "relocation defective"?

I'm actually looking at it now and it is 2 rooms but the last one I can find online is APS 14/15.  I can't imagine it would have changed.  Does anyone have a new version they can post?

[quote author=stellarpanthe]
I'm actually looking at it now and it is 2 rooms but the last one I can find online is APS 14/15.  I can't imagine it would have changed.  Does anyone have a new current version they can post?
[/quote]

FTFFY
The current version linked to the BGRS  site is IRP Guide 2015

Can you get cashback off this card? I’m thinking pull $100 every time you stop at Walmart?

Back