• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New inventor seeking advice

J

Just Chris

I invented a new flying device using an original aerodynamic principle coupled with a specific technique of flight. This device is powered by man‘s strenght and can be used in combat. I was wondering how to approch the Canadian military to develop this new technology. I also invented several other devices.

I‘m not sure this is the right place to ask this sort of question.

Does anyone knows which engineering department deals with such innovation?

It doesn‘t really work that way. Unsolicited proposals are rarely looked at by the Department. It works the other way around. The CF determines a need and then sends out a request for proposal on the Merx bidding system. So unless the Department has put out a request for this type of technology, your chances of getting it looked at are slim to none. You are going to have to find other ways of getting your product known so that the CF can say "Hey, we can use something like that!".

Hey, you already live in Quebec, go and buy yourself a Liberal MP. :) Or blackmail photos of them doing the deed with their secretary might also work.

Contact the US Military, they have the deep pockets to play with your new toy.

Just came across this thread. I hope you are still monitoring this Just Chris! There is a friend of mine (we had served together before he took FRP and came back as a civie once he completed an engineering degree in TO). His name is Mr O‘Brien and works in Kingston at the R and D department. Call him at 613 541 5010 ext 4690. You may have to sell him a good pitch as if he is still the same old crusty guy he may be a bit skeptical. Good Luck!

Back