• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New "Hard Sea Trade" NCM Recruiting Videos

What do you think of the new NCM Recruiting Videos?

• I'd prefer the old ones

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • I'd prefer the old ones

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Navalsnpr

Inactive
Reaction score
A new batch of Naval recruiting videos just hit the www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca website last month.

You can take a look at them by following the link below and choosing the applicable trade from the drop down menu:

Navy Jobs

So.. What do you think?

They look pretty good....still doesn't make me want to go Navy though  ;D

They focused on women alot more in these too....must be short of them or something ?

Navalsnipr, a bit of discussion was held here http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/45264.0/all.html about them too, but not Navy specific.

aesop081 said:
They look pretty good....still doesn't make me want to go Navy though  ;D

They focused on women alot more in these too....must be short of them or something ?

You know you envy the sailors, you really want to be one, come on, you can tell us.  :D

As for the women part, now that you mention it, I notice fewer of them around the dockyard these days, or so it seems.  I'd be interested to know the current stats, I'm sure they're around somewhere.

navymich said:
You know you envy the sailors, you really want to be one, come on, you can tell us.  :D

This from a NAVCOMM who is....well.......jumping "ship" to the air force !!

pot....kettlle....black....

aesop081 said:
This from a NAVCOMM who is....well.......jumping "ship" to the air force !!

pot....kettlle....black....

Like I've said, that is still up in the air....LOL

The guy's voice always makes me want to go to sleep...needs a bit of cool music, at least to spice things up with a bit of "hoo-ah".....take the bos'n vid, for example...yawn.  Sho them doing cool stuff, launching RHIBs inserting NBPs, have some "non-descript guys in black rubber boats with twin 300 horse blacked-out Mercs on them...you know...a bit of energy to bring the guys in.  Yes, they are factual, but...*yawn*...ya gotta make me WANT to join!

Was that being too much of a prick?  Sorry, just my emotional, first impressions...  >:D

Cheers,
Duey

p.s.  even the junior service can get folks excited...

You mean something exciting like this Duey?  http://media.putfile.com/DOMEST1

Duey said:
The guy's voice always makes me want to go to sleep...needs a bit of cool music, at least to spice things up with a bit of "hoo-ah".....take the bos'n vid, for example...yawn.  Sho them doing cool stuff, launching RHIBs inserting NBPs, have some "non-descript guys in black rubber boats with twin 300 horse blacked-out Mercs on them...you know...a bit of energy to bring the guys in.  Yes, they are factual, but...*yawn*...ya gotta make me WANT to join!

All those voices are actually personnel from both coasts who work in the trade.  Not a bad show for personnel whos job is in the Military and not a professional actor.

navymich said:

I am not sure who owns the rights to that short video, but it might be a great for Navy recruiting. While watching it I thought "Wow that looks so cool". Course with the right camera angles, and good track.... so can cutting my lawn.  ;D Ah the magic of media in the right hands.

Smiles,
Dugnut

navymich said:
As for the women part, now that you mention it, I notice fewer of them around the dockyard these days, or so it seems.  I'd be interested to know the current stats, I'm sure they're around somewhere.

They're all on Iroquois. We were told we couldn't bring a female technician due to the lack of bunk space for females on the mess decks, so it's an all male Air Det, again. At least the guys can watch their "movies" in the shops undisturbed now.  ;)

Inch said:
They're all on Iroquois. We were told we couldn't bring a female technician due to the lack of bunk space for females on the mess decks, so it's an all male Air Det, again. At least the guys can watch their "movies" in the shops undisturbed now.  ;)

When I was on Iroquois, the females were in 13 mess, and not an empty bunk then either.  As for the movies, isn't that what the portable DVD players are for?  Oh wait, harder to share the popcorn that way.  ;)

navymich said:

+100  :salute:

EXACTLY!

p.s.  who does that music?  My wife said, "hey, that makes ME want to join!"  (and she's a tough sell!)

p.p.s.  just looked at the jobs bit on the AF side of the recruiting site...no much different...in fact, almost makes me yearn for a desk -- you can almost taste the excitement in the pilot video...not...  ::)  I suppose in all fairness, these vignettes are meant to be more informative vice motivational.

Springroll said:
Navymich, who made that video?

It's awesome!

I don't know, someone emailed me it awhile ago.  I'll see if I can track down any info on it.

I took a look at my own trade - they had the MOC as 69, although it has been 78 for some years now.  I was surprised to see the directing staff of most of my courses in Borden between 94-97. Looks like all of the logisticians there were Base Borden staff. Not the most exciting video, but hey, its hard to make what is primarily a desk job look exciting with out focusing on the non-trade related activities we get to engage in like diving, NBP, etc. I also took a look at the Stwd video, and it was old as well, and some of my ex staff from VDQ were featured prominently.
I much preferred NavyMich's video - its far more exciting, and more in tune with what I would like to see if I were looking for a job.
By far, however, the best recruiting video i have ever seen was for the USMC. A knight is running thru an Indiana Jones style maze, dodging spears, fireballs, etc. He finds a dragon, and he slays it. As he raises his sword in a salute, and brings it down beside his leg, he is transformed into a marine in dress blues.  PRETTY SHARP, and even though i was CF at the time, it made me want to be a marine!

Took me a bit to track this one down, I couldn't remember when or where I had seen it, but finally found it again:  http://www.navy.com/about/navylife/onduty/seals/?campaign=NSWNSO_FOOTPRINTS

It came out early March of this year and made the news about being the first TV ad for the SEALs.

navymich said:
Took me a bit to track this one down, I couldn't remember when or where I had seen it, but finally found it again:  http://www.navy.com/about/navylife/onduty/seals/?campaign=NSWNSO_FOOTPRINTS

It came out early March of this year and made the news about being the first TV ad for the SEALs.

That is a great clip, shows very little but says so much.

Smiles,
Dugnut

I think the videos look great! They are far better than the ones they used to have on there a couple years back.

Back