• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New fuel price estimates

So more "good news" this morning regarding fuel cost....  Naturally as fuel prices go up, so do the price of food and other consumer goods (gotta pay for the shipping you know....), as does the general overall cost of living.

Market analysts are also now predicting that even when prices do come down (when and if), we'll never see prices in the 60-70 cent a litre range again (based on Alberta rates)  :'(

Just when you think you're finally getting ahead in life........

FDL

Although I do not doubt that the price of gas will rise, I wouldn't base my assumption on a report from Wall Street or Bay street, since they have been predicting for 17 straight quarters that oil prices will drop, and they have been wrong every time. Perhaps $105 is an underestimation on their part?

"Perhaps $105 is an underestimation on their part?"

Great, thanks for the "nightmares" ;)

The other side of the debate...  A little better outlook  ^-^

http://money.canoe.ca/News/2004/08/02/566616-ap.html

FDL

from darkness lite said:
The other side of the debate...  A little better outlook  ^-^

http://money.canoe.ca/News/2004/08/02/566616-ap.html

FDL
Good stuff. Thanks for that.

As a thought experiment, it occurs to me that a really devious group of "enviromental activist" investors might wish to consider investing heavily and in large demand in oil futures to drive the price up to the point where alternatives are more seriously considered. I wonder what effect a few billion dollars, bought and sold on a daily basis for incrementally higher prices, would have on this phenomenon. 

Brisbane and SE Queensland Fuel prices:

Today 95.9/L for unleaded petrol; and
41.9/L for LPG (propane) and diesel about $1.08/L

Royal Dutch Shell, Mobil, Ampol, Matilda's, and the rest of them

Cheers,

Wes

Shopping around here in Windsor, ON, prices are anywhere from .79/L to .85/L depending on the time of day.
Sneaky bastards!!
(And i work for a major oil company  :-[)

Wesley H. Allen said:
Brisbane and SE Queensland Fuel prices:

Today 95.9/L for unleaded petrol; and
41.9/L for LPG (propane) and diesel about $1.08/L

Just noticed that diesel is more expensive there, than gas.  Usually it is cheaper here in North America and Europe.

It used to be cheaper here too. when I was in the Outback, say 1,700km due north west of Brisbane, unleaded was 1.26/L, and LPG 73.9/L, and diesel 1.39/L. The cheaper prices are in the metro and fringe areas of Brisbane.

Cheers,

Wes

Back