• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New fiscal year numbers

Scratch_043

Reaction score
As many of you know, today is the beginning of the new fiscal year, and as such, the recruiting centres recieved a list of how mant soldiers are needed this fiscal year (today through March 31, 2006)

I only fould out the numbers for the trades I applied for, but I was wondering what the rest of the numbers looked like.

The numbers I was given were:

Trade 421, Weapons Tech. (land) - 10  - that's right, ten -

Trade 031, Infantry - 600

Trade 043, Cbt. Engineers - 200

That HAS to be an omen.  They are going to lose more than that through attrition.  I guess the "New 5000" has not been funded.  What were the stats for 04/05?

Tom

TCBF said:
That HAS to be an omen.   They are going to lose more than that through attrition.   I guess the "New 5000" has not been funded.   What were the stats for 04/05?

Tom

The strategic intake plan (SIP) for FY 05/06 is not much different than it was for FY 04/05, maybe a little higher.  Grown ups have not made a decision on whether to increase the SIP by another thousand to start the intake for the five thousand in five years.  The check is in the mail.

ToRN, where did you get these numbers from? Recruiting center, or is there a online source?  Just curious.

well, I am also looking for a source of more numbers, hence my origional post.

yes, I got those 3 numbers from the recruiting centre. (I started my appilcation file yesterday)

ToRN said:
well, I am also looking for a source of more numbers, hence my origional post.

yes, I got those 3 numbers from the recruiting centre. (I started my appilcation file yesterday)

April is the perfect time to apply, hence the newly alloted positions.

yeah, I'm glad I did it now, all my testing *crosses fingers* will hopefully be done on May 4th (the PT and Med. are tentatively scheduled for the 4th, as the schedule has not been made up yet. but my Interview is on the 4th, and my CFAT is Apr. 20th, would have been earlier, but I need 2 weeks to book a day off work for it.

ToRN,

where have you been ? I havent had anybody like you to pick on lately.

If you get 043, i'm gonna make your life a living hell at CFSME..... ;D

Go for it, I could use the amusement.

I have been working, and working out, more and more the past few weeks / months, so I have cut back my time here.

Hopefully I will get there this year. who knows how long I will be waiting after my testing is done

Here are the numbers available before the end Mar board.  I don't know why there are certain numbers for certain trades and I don't know why they are higher or lower than last year, so don't ask.  I have removed all the trades that have zero or are not avaialble for direct entry.

Crewman//Soldat du blindés 341
Arty(Fd)//Artill - Camp 149
Arty (AD)//Artill - Déf aér 48
Inf - RCR (032) 261
Inf - PPCLI (033) 261
Inf - R22ER (034) 261
Line Maint//Poseur(euse) de lignes 50
NW Tech//Tech d'armes navales 46
Int Op//Spéc du rens 9
Met Tech//Tech en météo 18
Bosn//Manoeuvrier(ère) 15
ATIS//Tech sys info/télécomm aér 30
LCIS//Tech sys info/comms terre 68
NCI Op//Op équipt d'info combat (Mar) 42
NES Op//Op de détecteurs élec (Mar) 38
NE Tech (A)//Élec navale (Acoust) 34
NE Tech (C)//Élec navale (Comm) 31
NE Tech (T)//Élec navale (Tac) 52
Comm Rsch//Cherch en comms 97
Mar Eng Mech//Méch de marine 71
Mar Eng Tech//Méch (Tech) de marine 1
Hull Tech//Tech de coque 6
Mar El//Élec de marine 33
Veh Tech//Tech de véh 181
Wpns Tech(L)//Tech d'armement - terre 10
Mat Tech//Tech de matériaux 17
AVN Tech//Tech sys aéronautiques 126
AVS Tech//Tech sys avioniques 113
Img Tech//Tech en imagerie 8
ACS Tech//Tech struc d'aéronefs 7
Fire Ftr//Pompier 23
MLab Tech//Tech lab médical  1
M Rad Tech//Tech radiologie        1
BE Tech//Tech élec biomédicale  1
MP//Police mil 35
Cook//Cusinier(ère) 58
Steward 1
Musician//Musicien                      20
Post Clk//Commis des postes 3
Sup Tech//Tech approv 149
Ammo Tech//Tech munitions 4
Tfc Tech//Tech mouvements 37
MSE Op//Conducteur mat sout 44
RMS Clk//Commis sout gest res 22
Nav Comm//Comm navale 49
RM Tech//Tech en réfrig et méch 3
ED Tech//Tech distrib électrique 3
EGS Tech//Tech groupes électrogènes 8
PH Tech//Tech plomberie et chauffage 2
WFE Tech//Tech - Eau, prod pétrol et env 10
Constr Tech//Tech construction 7
SONAR Op//Op de détecteurs acoust (Tac) 54
FCS Tech//Tech sys conduite de tir 45
Sig Op//Op des trans 268
Med Tech//Tech médical(e) 127
Dent Tech//Tech dentaire                          8
Aero Op//Op Contrôle aéro 26
Cbt Engr//Sapeur 218

Kincanucks,

Keeping in mind you mentioned that non-direct entry trades were removed, does this mean that a recruiting centre will enroll Int Ops and Ammo Techs?

AmmoTech90 said:
Kincanucks,

Keeping in mind you mentioned that non-direct entry trades were removed, does this mean that a recruiting centre will enroll Int Ops and Ammo Techs?

Int op is in the list.  Ammo Tech is zero.

Also, numbers from this list will be affected by re-musters within the Regular Force.

When I went to my CFRC and spoke to a recruiter, he mentioned a couple trades (eg. Fire Ftr) that were highly competitive with a large number of applicants. He said he was not trying to dissuade me from applying for certain trades, but mentioned it so that I was aware that some may be more difficult to enter than others. Are the numbers of applicants for trades available, and would any CFRC have them readily available?

Zombie said:
Are the numbers of applicants for trades available, and would any CFRC have them readily available?

I very strongly doubt that those number would be made available to the public.

Zombie said:
When I went to my CFRC and spoke to a recruiter, he mentioned a couple trades (eg. Fire Ftr) that were highly competitive with a large number of applicants. He said he was not trying to dissuade me from applying for certain trades, but mentioned it so that I was aware that some may be more difficult to enter than others. Are the numbers of applicants for trades available, and would any CFRC have them readily available?

If they are very few positions for certain trades you will know that the competition for those trades will be fierce.   The lower the number the harder it will be for you to get that trade unless you have related experience and education.   You don't need to know how many are applying for a certain trade you just need to know the number of positions available for the trade.

The number of people in process for certain trades is only known to CFRG HQ and they are not going to even tell me what they are.

kincanucks said:
If they are very few positions for certain trades you will know that the competition for those trades will be fierce.   The lower the number the harder it will be for you to get that trade unless you have related experience and education.   You don't need to know how many are applying for a certain trade you just need to know the number of positions available for the trade.

The number of people in process for certain trades is only known to CFRG HQ and they are not going to even tell me what they are.

If I submit 3 trade choices and am willing to wait for my 1st choice through a few selection processes, can I do that if I receive an offer for my 2nd or 3rd choices? If I was merit listed but had no offer, at what point would I know that I am not likely to get in? I have almost arrived at the decision that if I do not get in to 737 with my first application, I will go to school to get educated for it and re-apply.

Zombie said:
If I submit 3 trade choices and am willing to wait for my 1st choice through a few selection processes, can I do that if I receive an offer for my 2nd or 3rd choices? If I was merit listed but had no offer, at what point would I know that I am not likely to get in? I have almost arrived at the decision that if I do not get in to 737 with my first application, I will go to school to get educated for it and re-apply.

Turn down an offer for your second or third choice and you get one more shot at the selection process.  Don't get any of your choices or get an offer for second or third choice and turn it down again then your file is closed for a minimum of one year.  Turn down your first choice at anytime and your file is closed for a minimum of six months.

If all you want is 737 then only put that down and you get two shots at being selected.  If you don't get selected then you go off and improve yourself through education or experience and come back later

Back