• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Feature: Daily Challenges

Captsapper said:
I see the Equipment Consumed challenge turning into large profits for Tim Hortons as we all go searching for int.

I'm thinking that there's a glitch in the equipment consumed challenge. As I used equipment earlier this morning, I did indeed receive the credits for it. Then I noticed that my "Equipment Consumed" Challenge bar was no longer rising as I fought missions.

Mike, I am attaching a word doc below with print screens of my observations. 1st is a print screen taken before my latest mission to show my bar level & it's a mission that I ensured I would have to purchase more equipment to undertake. 2nd is a print screen taken to show my successful completion of such. 3rd is a print screen of my history showing that I had to re-purchase the needed equipment as it was consumed during the mission ... you'll notice that there is no change to my bar level.

This has been occuring (for me anyway) for the past few missions as shown in the history. Or, once again, I am not grasping the concept of something and am right the fuck out of 'er.  :blotto:

Thanks vern... but the 2 missioned you showed don't consume equipment. You just needed to buy more to keep up with the proficiency level increase.

It's only ammo, POL, etc. that's consumed. You can tell because consumable equipment icons have a red background, and show up with blue text (5x or 2x or whatever) beside them.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Thanks vern... but the 2 missioned you showed don't consume equipment. You just needed to buy more to keep up with the proficiency level increase.

It's only ammo, POL, etc. that's consumed. You can tell because consumable equipment icons have a red background, and show up with blue text (5x or 2x or whatever) beside them.

Wow. Is that ever a polite way to say, "Vern, you're right the fuck out of 'er."

+300 for you.

Mike Bobbitt said:

Speaking of the mission icons...

Green background is not consumable
Red background is consumable
Red highlight is not enough
Blue highlight is enough/more than enough

Now, what does bold, and italicized mean?

Actually bold is for missing equipment and italics indicates consumables.

Now once we get it all sorted out, it'll be time to change it all around. ;)

I have been getting it every time I change or refresh the page. I reported it on the bug page.

Stoker said:
I have been getting it every time I change or refresh the page. I reported it on the bug page.

Same here. Stopped playing when I realized what was going on. Would hate for the game to become unbalanced just because of a silly bug. Not to mention how unfair it would be to all the other players.

I did when I found out too, I expect Mike to take back the points. I hope no one takes advantage.

Guess this is one way to sit back and let the CR build up. I was getting the daily challenge every time I did a Trg mission.

Larry Strong said:
Guess this is one way to sit back and let the CR build up. I was getting the daily challenge every time I did a Trg mission.

I just posted mine over in the Problems & Bugs thread although it only seems to have occured for me when refreshing pages or changing tabs; I didn't get the undeserved bonus' when actually doing a mission (<--- it seems anyway, by the history).

I've got about 4 page loads with the 0 Negative Morale bonus... gonna have to just let my CR fill up overnight (guess I can finally get those missed CR bonuses).

Argh... I had been saving my +5 ATD incentive for the next time ATD came up as the daily challenge. Cashed it in today, and it doesn't seem to count toward the challenge. Was that by design? I will learn to read.

Mike Bobbitt said:
I should also say, right from the start, that bonuses from incentives don't count towards your goal. So if you need 100 Int and just cashed in an incentive that gives you that much or more, it won't help.

You need to earn it the old fashioned way. ;)

:)

Back