• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Father/Appicant Looking for Opinions!!

BlueJays1985

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello.

I am a father of a two year old, and husband to a wife that what will hopefully deliver my second in January (fingers crossed). I have applied to the Engineers, Artillery and Infantry, and am now waiting for an intake call. Is anyone out there a new dad (or not) working with Artillery that could share opinions??

Im looking for honesty in how your life is, how the job affects it and the relationships in it. Not just propaganda, but real life good and bad stories.

Please help me make the best decision possible!!!
Thank you!

There is no shortage of discussion along these lines here already. You just need to do some digging and reading.

In short, you'll be away from home a bunch, for varying periods of time, and you'll be home a bit, for varying periods of time. You'll miss a lot, but probably value what you manage not to miss that much more as a result.

Many of us are parents, and most have managed to find a fairly decent balance.

It'll be up to you and your unique circumstances, however.

And you do not need to post essentially the same question in multiple threads. Once is sufficient.

Thank you.
I am continuing to dig and read, so far I am finding a lot of what your saying - it'll be what I make it.

And how about you let me decide what is sufficient for acquiring information that will determine the fate of my family.

Appreciate the  :2c:

Im just trying to get the most information possible.
Thanks again!

Posting the same question in multiple threads is considered to be spamming here.

It will not get you any more information any faster, but it will generate "Report to Moderator" messages to us and a request to the poster not to do it again.

108 Stitches said:
And how about you let me decide what is sufficient for acquiring information that will determine the fate of my family.
Appreciate the  :2c:
Thanks again!

It was rather friendly advice Loachman gave you. We get it, you're looking out for your family, but clogging up the boards with the same question over and over will not get you the answers you seek any quicker. Imagine going into a Wal-Mart and asking in 8 different sections of the store where the socks were located. You'd get the same answer in about 10x the time it took to ask one place.

Well that makes sense. Both points seem to be valid. Why not start with that information? I will take that into account from now on.

I got knocked 300 points because of this. Seriously?

Now that I understand that it'll be considered to be spam - I'll make the proper adjustments.
Again, I appreciate the information.

Thanks.

And here's 300 back, because you were nice about this and I wouldn't want to see you shortchanged at any of the retail outlets that accept these things.

Hey, Thanks. I modified my original response to you with different word selection too so other people dont think im a dick

What the hell are they? lol

Back