• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

Hey he's come a long way from panhandling on the corner of Portage and Main... give him some credit 😉

Reminds of a story I read in the paper.

Next to him, a folded cardboard sign said: “I am in the Canadian Forces posted to Cold Lake with family any spare change will help.”

That's some sort of a joke? Right?

Nope, because:

337575170_640910187796368_879114477718680138_n.gif

I'm confused. Dude has curly hair, and for some reason people are freaking out?

particularly if the public decides we don't look "professional" enough.

Taxpayer ( voter ) support is needed for the pay, benefits and working conditions our uniformed services deserve.

You And Your Business Have 7 Seconds To Make A First Impression​

The defenders of the new dress "policy" (free for all?) can defend it all they want.

Rest assured many in the public are not impressed with it. at all. I am not talking ex-CAF members either.

Your appearance is the first impression you get to make.

It would be nice if people read the regs and made sure they had things right; simple things like a command badge.
He's apparently a recruiter, so the badge is correct, if a bit high on the pocket. Hardly a major dress infraction, and one the public would never notice.

You want to have a fun time with command badge placement, look at the navy DEU... there is no pocket, so they end up in some weird places.

The defenders of the new dress "policy" (free for all?) can defend it all they want.
I will contest that there were changes needed to avoid the "but what about?" scenarios that were coming up. Same with the move away from a "Male/Female" dress pattern. What we have now are 360° Arcs and it's gone completely off the chain.
Rest assured many in the public are not impressed with it. at all. I am not talking ex-CAF members either.
I wouldn't blame them. We needed a course correction, not a circus.

Agreed.

I work for an iconic company now and am in a Leadership position. If I showed up to a meeting looking like that, I'd be getting pulled aside for an informal conversation on ensuring my dress and deportment "reflects positively on the company".

Agreed. Even many in our partner nations are saying WTF. This is an epic fail and a joke. Who's idea was this anyway? :LOL:

Back