• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs šŸ¤£

And I heard the Army is getting the peaked cap back for all. Big week.

All... except for ... ;)

quiz scottish GIF

CADCC #26 CA Dress Instructions amendment (via email). I can fire it over to you tomorrow.
On ACIMS it has been updated, it says " Trousers bottom may be unbloused in No. 5B unless strict uniformity is required at the discretion of the commander in place. For safety reasons, unbloused trousers must hang at natural length with hook and loop/strings attached snugly at ankle height, and trouser cuff inserts, strings and socks are not to be seen.

https://acims.mil.ca/org/ArmyG1/Dre... - Chap 5 - Section 5 - Operational Dress.pdf

Combat pants no longer require to bloused? Now they've went and crossed a line. I wonder if the Canex will have a fire sale on boot bands.
I just used the integral lacesā€¦

šŸ˜‚ j/k

Iā€™m constantly pulling up my pants because I have no Hips and the CF belt buckle always seems to be slipping. So I figured that since the dress regulations have been modernized I would see what would happen if I wore suspenders with my N3. Now if I wore the gawd awful sweater this wouldnā€™t be an issue at all, but since I would melt if I wore it the sweater was a no go.
I also did a search in the new regs and the word ā€œsuspendersā€ never came up.
So the last time I was in Ottawa I wore the suspenders (black) and the only comment I got was from the CRCN COS who with an arched eyebrow and a grin said ā€œYouā€™re pushing it Donā€.

So, suspenders it is!!!šŸ˜œ

Iā€™m constantly pulling up my pants because I have no Hips and the CF belt buckle always seems to be slipping. So I figured that since the dress regulations have been modernized I would see what would happen if I wore suspenders with my N3. Now if I wore the gawd awful sweater this wouldnā€™t be an issue at all, but since I would melt if I wore it the sweater was a no go.
I also did a search in the new regs and the word ā€œsuspendersā€ never came up.
So the last time I was in Ottawa I wore the suspenders (black) and the only comment I got was from the CRCN COS who with an arched eyebrow and a grin said ā€œYouā€™re pushing it Donā€.

Wait, but that almost sounds reasonable and effective. Why are you doing this?

@FSTO; do you put them under the shoulder ranks?

See a bunch of people wearing the stupid cocktail nametags regularly, so why not?
I put them under the slip ons once but itā€™s a bit of a number2 issue. Having the straps between the button and the collar works just fine.

@FSTO; do you put them under the shoulder ranks?

See a bunch of people wearing the stupid cocktail nametags regularly, so why not?

I was desperately wishing I had a cocktail nametag at a couple Christmas parties this month.
Those look far better than the sticky labels organisers were handing out to attendees to write their names on.

I was desperately wishing I had a cocktail nametag at a couple Christmas parties this month.
Those look far better than the sticky labels organisers were handing out to attendees to write their names on.
I'm assuming if some had a cocktail name tag, you also had your normal nametag; why would you need a sticky label on top of it?

Cocktail nametags are useful when you are mixing with other countries at some kind of social thing where people don't recognize your rank/uniform, but if I really want to know where someone works, I'm sure it will come up during the introductions. Otherwise they are just another bit of unecessary running around when you show up to a unit/new posting, and all of mine have had the unit badge pop off at one time or another, but have never been able to get a backup.

I'm assuming if some had a cocktail name tag, you also had your normal nametag; why would you need a sticky label on top of it?

Cocktail nametags are useful when you are mixing with other countries at some kind of social thing where people don't recognize your rank/uniform, but if I really want to know where someone works, I'm sure it will come up during the introductions. Otherwise they are just another bit of unecessary running around when you show up to a unit/new posting, and all of mine have had the unit badge pop off at one time or another, but have never been able to get a backup.
Mine had artificer spelt ā€˜articiferā€™. No one ever did notice šŸ˜€.

The only time I don't wear suspenders is in NCDs and N3s.

The looks I got at the CBG HQ when I took off the CBT shirt for work lol

Welcome to the club. I have a spot and glass of whiskey waiting for you :)

Back