• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

The same argument about hair, etc applies to uniform. Why not have a selection of hats and shoes and whatnot for each order of dress and allow people to choose what to wear for a particular order?

We already do. We have 3 different uniforms routinely on parades mixed together, which include 3 different head dresses and footwear differences between officers, NCM's and mbrs who have been in longer.

We already do. We have 3 different uniforms routinely on parades mixed together, which include 3 different head dresses and footwear differences between officers, NCM's and mbrs who have been in longer.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. What different uniform parts are given to people who have been in longer?

Old style ankle boots vs the newer clompers, which have been the target of more than one audacious new WO as a target for promoting and enforcing uniformity.
I can honestly say I have never seen or even heard of people freaking out about that before.

I had a CSM that would call himself an NCO, and I would tell him that he wasn't every time. It annoyed him, but he knew that I was right.

If you know his email address, or still see him around...send this to him/print this off and hand him a copy every time you see him....

Hey MWO!.jpg

Old style ankle boots vs the newer clompers, which have been the target of more than one audacious new WO as a target for promoting and enforcing uniformity.
That's a thing? There's a 0% chance I'm replacing my old ankle boots for new ones unless the upper falls apart. I'd rather get them resoled, but to put the soles in that state would require more than 1 parade a year.

That's a thing? There's a 0% chance I'm replacing my old ankle boots for new ones unless the upper falls apart. I'd rather get them resoled, but to put the soles in that state would require more than 1 parade a year.
Like a lot of "dress issues", no, it's not actually a thing, but some people like to make shit up impose said made up rules on people anyways, without real justification and often without any legal authority to do so.

See: Toques and Gloves Flowchart.

Where is the talk in the other direction? So your SNCOs see nonsensical horseshit- are they enforcing it while speaking truth back the other way up the chain? Or are they just enamoured with finding obscure things to make people choose which part of themselves should be cold?

That’s a failure to look after the welfare of their people. A little higher up than “wrong hat”

I can honestly say I have never seen or even heard of people freaking out about that before.
Well, the Comd did just that during Op CADENCE in 2010. He demanded absolute uniformity despite the fact that we had as many as six different versions of the CADPAT rain jacket, three different versions of the gas mask carrier, two different versions of body armour and 39 participating Reg F and P Res unit from the CA, RCAF and RCN and their associated headdresses.

That’s a failure to look after the welfare of their people. A little higher up than “wrong hat”
I have forgotten how it works in DND / CAF, but in my (civilian) job ordering people to be out in weather for which they are not wearing appropriate clothing (e.g. out in cold weather without proper gloves and toques) is a safety violation and is against the law. The company and site supervisors / superintendents could be charged and fined for doing such a thing. And whoever ordered such a safety violation would likely be immediately terminated.

And to my above post, add that any employee has the right to refuse unsafe work conditions. So if (for example) workers were ordered to work in cold weather without gloves, they have the right to refuse to work. There shall be no retribution for such refusal.

Indeed, where I work, workers know that they will be 100% supported by the entire company if they refuse to work or stop work due to unsafe conditions.

Well, the Comd did just that during Op CADENCE in 2010. He demanded absolute uniformity despite the fact that we had as many as six different versions of the CADPAT rain jacket, three different versions of the gas mask carrier, two different versions of body armour and 39 participating Reg F and P Res unit from the CA, RCAF and RCN and their associated headdresses.
"Field caps are an escalation of force" as it's 30+ outside...

I have forgotten how it works in DND / CAF, but in my (civilian) job ordering people to be out in weather for which they are not wearing appropriate clothing (e.g. out in cold weather without proper gloves and toques) is a safety violation and is against the law. The company and site supervisors / superintendents could be charged and fined for doing such a thing. And whoever ordered such a safety violation would likely be immediately terminated.
The toque/gloves thing is the opposite of what you are talking about though.

Troops are getting jacked up for having a toque on, and not wearing gloves. The "logic" being, if it's so cold you need to wear a toque, it's cold enough you need to be wearing gloves as well. I've never heard of anyone getting jacked up for a beret and gloves, unless it's so cold the member should be wearing a warmer headdress for safety.

That is awesome... in it's awfulness.

Back