• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New DEU ?!

Who came up with the idea that parade boots have to be CSA grade anyway even then the toecap is what... plastic, maybe its to protect you when your lady friend stomps on your foot with her high heel because your a little tipsy and might of been hitting on her the whole night at the strip....ahem legion while going on a riggers run.

What do you sailors think of the new USN uniform, especially the headdress, which appears to be a similar style to the USMC headdress?

lethalLemon said:
Might as well just give the Army forage caps again. Then we can all look like the GGH(F)Gs  ;)

Don't get me started on BOOTS, CSA GRADE 1, SAFETY, ANKLE, BLACK... I do not enjoy them, the old style ankle (parade) boot was much superior. Some will argue that the current are more comfortable, blah, blah, blah; they are not anymore comfortable than the old pattern. Are other units using the current (new) monstrosities as parade boots? I think I still wore the old ones too, but then again, I don't remember the last time I wore a full dress uniform.

Those CSA ankle boots have now been replaced on the Logistik website by newer ankle boots.

I ordered and received mine.  I haven't put the polish to them yet, but I can say they are EXTREMELY light and IMO, comfortable (I've worn them to break the leather in, but havent' done a parade in them yet so that opinion may change).

FWIW, my favorite ankle boots were the old old style ones circa '89 I was issued.  Double-soled and clickered by the cobbler in Cornwallis, THOSE were ankle boots.  Sadly, mine had to be put down a few years ago.

Anyone have a picture of those new ankle boots? They weren't up before I got out 4 months ago.

I miss my Cornwallis Ankle boots, they were double soled and clickered.  I wish officers could wear em I love to have a set again.

Eye In The Sky said:
Those CSA ankle boots have now been replaced on the Logistik website by newer ankle boots.

I ordered and received mine.  I haven't put the polish to them yet, but I can say they are EXTREMELY light and IMO, comfortable (I've worn them to break the leather in, but havent' done a parade in them yet so that opinion may change).

FWIW, my favorite ankle boots were the old old style ones circa '89 I was issued.  Double-soled and clickered by the cobbler in Cornwallis, THOSE were ankle boots.  Sadly, mine had to be put down a few years ago.

I have a 89 style ankle boot from my dad after he retired. They are very, very amazing. The CSA boot and this new boot are identical and ugly. I don't understand why they changed the design  :(

lethalLemon said:
I have a 89 style ankle boot from my dad after he retired. They are very, very amazing. The CSA boot and this new boot are identical and ugly. I don't understand why they changed the design  :(

Lowest bidder within spec.

Eye In The Sky said:
Right from the Logistik site itself.

So is the new boot the same as the old one or have less of a toe (a hybrid between the two)?

Get Nautical said:
So is the new boot the same as the old one or have less of a toe?

If it had less of a toe, wouldn't it be a sandal, instead of a boot?

personally I like the convertible steel toe idea on sea boots where you can expose your toesies and air them out

Rifleman62 said:
What do you sailors think of the new USN uniform, especially the headdress, which appears to be a similar style to the USMC headdress?
On my last deployment we had some USN personnel on board who were wearing it.  Frankly it did not look that bad, a much better pattern to my eyes than the RAN pattern of blotches.  There were other USN personnel who were wearing their coveralls, which have a belt (looks silly).  Of the two, the cammo honestly looked better.  :2c:

Thanks for the original answers.  I can sleep well now !  :nod:

Did someone miss a memo about the budget and savings? We turn in money every year, get our budget chopped and someone is wanting new DEU for the Army?

Someone needs a good Austin Powers karate chop.

jollyjacktar said:
The peak cap gives me a roaring headache if I wear it too long. 

I had that issue as well until I took out the plastic ring. Fits just fine and also gives you a Gunter Prien look as well.

GunterPrien.jpg

My father was a museum curator at the end of his working career.  One of the artifacts I remember was a hat form.  It basically was a wooden oval which was cut in half with a screw system that would make the oval stretch.  This would shape a hat from the unnatural circle to a more head shape of an oval or sorts.  Wish I had one for my @#$%#@$% peak cap, but I'll try getting rid of the plastic ring.  Mind you, I doubt it'll make me look as cool as Gunter.

Instead of Gunter Prien, how about the artist C. Anthony Law of the 29th (Canadian) Motor Torpedo Boat Flotilla.

In the olden days of the Bush uniform, there were aluminum hat forms, a well as 51 pattern webbing aluminum ammo pouch and small pack forms.

Rifleman62 said:
Instead of Gunter Prien, how about the artist C. Anthony Law of the 29th (Canadian) Motor Torpedo Boat Flotilla.
Even if I managed to look as cool as those guys, I'll wager my Cox'n would not agree.

lethalLemon said:

Well, from the Logistik UniCorp site:

•Finer-grain leather, giving the boot a more natural look and making it easier to shine
•Durable, high quality "Goodyear Welt" construction
•Improved sole, significantly lighter and more flexible than the predecessor; redesigned tread
•Soft toe boot (previous model had a steel toe cap).

It should be noted that the new Ankle Boot can no longer be worn to meet Safety Footwear requirements.

There is ALSO a new Men's Winter Boot.  Info again from Logistik Unicorp site:

DND continues to seek cost saving measures and improve the quality of the products being offered through Clothing Online. One approach is the removal of items showing very low usage after the initial issue. An example is the Men's Rubber Overboots: Survey results showed only 11% of 27,000 men surveyed actually wear the Overboots and that 68% would prefer to see them replaced by a Men's Winter Boot. Therefore by removing the item as an initial issue item we are capable of providing a better product for those who wear it as part of their daily dress during winter months.

About the new boot

Classic design with single slide-fastener

- Water-repellent leather

- Insulated for comfort: Front of boot and underfoot lined with wool; ankle with polar fleece

- High quality rubber sole provides excellent adhesion in winter conditions

Delivery/Additional Information

Delivery of orders is expected to begin in mid-December 2011.

It should also be noted that the Women's Winter boot will also now be issued as an optional item vice an initial issue item.

Back