• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Crown

Is it just me, or does the medallion released by the mint look more like Stephen Harper?

Canadian_Coin___Currency_Corp__Canadian_Coronation_Medallion_App.jpg
Only veeeeeeeeeery vaguely ....

There is already a heraldic Canadian "crown", the snowflake diadem. Doesn't exist IRL, only depicted on certain medals. Why not just add a couple or arches on top of it with a compass point star (North Star), and call it the Canadian Crown? Not saying we need one, but could be used to show the monarch as the King of Canada on coins and medals. Personally, I'd stick with St. Edwards crown since it's the one used in coronations. BTW, there is no actual Tutor crown, it was destroyed by Cromwell in the English Civil War IIRC.
there you go. stick with the Tudor and skip the cost of switching up all the cap badges and such. bad call by HM in my opinion. not a good way to try to stay modest and relevant with the public who are steadily becoming tired of the monarchy.
I don't think changing the crown that is used to represent the institution of the Crown specifically for Canada does anything to undermine history. I'm a staunch monarchist, but I also understand that the monarchy has to adapt to the times. Canada isn't predominately filled with people British ancestry, who are looking to keep the ties tot he old country alive.

My family came over almost 300 years ago... We have no links beyond genetics with Scotland.

Also, the King already has a seperate cypher for Scotland, why is it such a stretch for the King to have one specifically for Cana
good news would be don't have to change up cap badges between Tudor and St Edwards crowns. which is totally stupid and wasteful, bad call by HM.

Current Regiments don't have to change the cap badge, they can leave St Edwards Crown until they would have to switch the cap badge anyways.

Canada doesn't have to follow the British lead, they can keep St. Edward's crown as the crown of Canada. No need to go through the expense of changing all the crowns on hat badges, insignia, etc. (IMO). The Crown of Canada is separate from the Crown of Great Britain. Just because the gov't doesn't have to change it, they probably will anyway. :rolleyes:

You know, I'm a staunch supporter of the institution of the Crown, and its place in our society. Meh, WRT Charlie and Camilla - and Willie and Kate for that matter.

I don't dislike the idea of a Canadian Crown, and a Royal Standard for Canada, with distinctive Canadian symbols.

TBH I was expecting more unicorns, rainbows and snowflakes. But I quite like both the Canadian Crown and the new Royal Standard. They hark back to the roots by gently ease in a separate direction.

And, we already have a Unicorn in our heraldry

1200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Canada.svg.png

Do you understand the concept the one person can hold multiple SEPARATE offices?

This is that case. King Charles is King of Canada.

King Charles is also King of the UK and the Head of the Anglican Church.

One does not bleed over into the other.
Additionally, His Majesty is not the head of the Anglican Church of Canada. He has no role within, as the ACC split with the C of E in 1955.

Do you understand the concept the one person can hold multiple SEPARATE offices?

This is that case. King Charles is King of Canada.

King Charles is also King of the UK and the Head of the Anglican Church.

One does not bleed over into the other.

IT’S THE SAME PERSON.…JFC…THE SAME PERSON. What part of this do you NOT understand? Where do you think the monarch derives their authority? How can a monarch, whose authority comes from God, be the titular head of an entire religion, and still be a shiny pony agnostic a 5 hour plane ride west?

Man, you people are thick.
Takes one to know one...

I can grab my kid's geography puzzle and show you that Canada and England are very separate countries.

Additionally, like I mentioned before, the Anglican Church of Canada is not a part of the structure of the Church of England . They haven't been s8nce 1955. There, additionally, isn't an official religion of Canada. Ergo, what "Faith" is HM Defending within a Canadian construct?

Back