• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CFRG sanctioned CFAT practice test

CFR FCS

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Recruiting Group has designed a Canadian Forces Aptitude Test practice exam that has been published on the Forces Recruiting web page at http://64.254.158.112/pdf/preparing_for_aptitude_test_en.pdf.

Available also in French. This practice test is better related to the actual test and should help prepare you for the actual test.

I would highly recommend you to try it before the real test. Good Luck. 

I saw that today, it's definitely harder then the old practice test. Now I know what I need to work on.

The recruiter gave me the hard copy of this on Friday when I dropped off my application papers.
I got home and tried it and got an awesome 80%
just gotta finish up workin on my math
but other then that I feel confident for Tuesday  ;D

Thank you for the heads up CFR FCS. I finally received my call back today, to do my CFAT. Monday baby!!!

I hope I do good..hehe.

Panda

Anyone who used the practice test please let us know if you found it beneficial. Thanks.

I wrote the CFAT yesterday, and found the practice version a pretty accurate portrayal of the real thing. So It definitely help me.

CFR FCS said:
Anyone who used the practice test please let us know if you found it beneficial. Thanks.
Even though I done it on the computer(never printed it off), I found it very helpful. Thanks.

Baker

The mathematical situations were very similar, but the shapes and stuff on the actual test were much harder than on the practice test. If you haven't written it yet, study study study...it truly pays off

CFR FCS said:

I wrote mine this morning. The practice test was a great tool to study up on but like the previous thread, you need to make the spatial ability problems a little harder on the practice test...

But other than that it did the trick.

I passed. 8)

Cheers,
Panda

Does anyone know what a decent score is on the CFAT?  My interviewer told me that I got 41 and that was very good----but I would like to know on what scale that is?

I agree with everyone else. The spatial section needs to be harder. The other sections were represented pretty accurately.

mack333 said:
Does anyone know what a decent score is on the CFAT?  My interviewer told me that I got 41 and that was very good----but I would like to know on what scale that is?

Did you qualify for the trade you wanted ?

Yes, I qualified for all the trades I applied for.  But I am curious to know what the scale is.

mack333 said:
Yes, I qualified for all the trades I applied for.  But I am curious to know what the scale is.

You qualified for the trade you wanted. The scale really doesnt matter.

I know-----just curious as to where I fit into the scheme of things.

mack333 said:
I know-----just curious as to where I fit into the scheme of things.

Why? What would be the point in knowing? You got the Trade that you wanted, listen to CDN Aviator, getting what you wanted is good enough..
Knowing the scale won't make you a better person or help you in your future career.

As for myself, I just passed my eCFAT this morning. Personally, knowing my score is the last thing on my mind. All that matters is that I qualified for the one Trade on my list(yeah I only chose one), NCM Reg. Infantry.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Cheers,
Panda

Any more comments on the "official" CFAT practice test.

CFR FCS said:
Any more comments on the "official" CFAT practice test.

I agree that the real spatial test was a bit harder than the practice test version. The verbal and mathematical tests were pretty much comparable to the practice test.

Also, the real CFAT had four sections (tests), whereas the practice one had three. (Not that you could really prepare for the fourth - Advanced Cognitive Ability)

In my opinion the practice test is good indicator as to wether your ready or not for the official test, also the new one is a lot better than the old one.

Celticgirl said:
I agree that the real spatial test was a bit harder than the practice test version. The verbal and mathematical tests were pretty much comparable to the practice test.

Also, the real CFAT had four sections (tests), whereas the practice one had three. (Not that you could really prepare for the fourth - Advanced Cognitive Ability)

I have my test on Wednesday March 5th in London. I've done the practice test and other recommended practice and feel confident about writting the real thing. Now I am just wondering what Advanced Cognitive Ability is (this is the first I have heard the 4th section referred to as this). Without giving away anything important, could you tell me what it is?

Back