• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Canada-Croatia military partnership

the 48th regulator said:
May I ask when did you serve there?

I haven't gone overseas, but that does not prevent me from pointing out that painting an entire region(Some of which are NATO Members) in the same brush as those who committed atrocities.I am not talking specifically about Croatia, I was too young to be there or understand what the issue was for that matter I am talking about grouping nations that have nothing to do, basically calling me and my family savages, because I was born in his version  of an undesirable region.

Thanks for the historical context, Pumpkin.  You obviously lost the Sarcasm, and the hate we have for the area we were sent to defend, and instead were thrown into a meat grinder.  Now low and behold, we embrace them as our "Buddies"....

I have buddies that are ex-pats from the area too - and none of them served in the HVK/HVO, JNA, SVKArmy, BiH Army, etc.  Our problems are with the militaries of the FRY and the shite and abuse they heaped on unarmed civilian populations and pretending it didn't happen...and now our own government for not taking them to task more fervently before crawling into bed with them.

Hope they double wrapped first.

MM

Again, I have no comments about Croatia or the people who committed the atrocities. My problem is being called a savage because I was born in the Region(Bulgaria) and I was in the geographical region when those atrocities were committed.

Mods, me being one, I understand the need to want to shut down such threads, however, I think our Government needs to know what Veterans of the Balkans feel about this blatant slap to our face.

Please ease up on the lock trigger finger, and let us Balkan Veterans vent at how we have once again, have been slapped in the face.

dileas

tess

UNPROFOR 94/95

GD said:
Again, I have no comments about Croatia or the people who committed the atrocities. My problem is being called a savage because I was born in the Region(Bulgaria) and I was in the geographical region when those atrocities were committed.

Very well.  I will amend my statement to include only the Former Republic of Yugoslavia.  Oh, and Kosovo can be the kiddie pool annex.  Better?  Dreadfully sorry, and thanks awfully for the geography lesson, when I got off the second train to arrive from Lahr in March of '92, our maps were photocopies of photocopies of 30 year old ADAC tourist maps, very hard to read with any accuracy.

EDIT:  I have amended my original "offending" post, as there are more than a few "guests" scanning this thread, and my comments and those of others may be poached with nefarious intent, and also to accommodate my new young Bulgarian friend.

I stumbled upon this thread by accident and must say that I am shocked.
I had no idea that that the Canadian Armed Forces is full of uneducated racist rednecks.

You have no clue about the history of Canada so I guess it can't be expected of you to understand the history of a small country in Europe.

You place all this hatred on the Croats - but you appear to love the Serbs.

The Croats, a subjugated people, just wanted out from under the thumb of communist and Serb oppression
- and for that you demonize them?

You talk about long lasting grudges and hatreds are you any better?  just look at the comments on this thread.

Did some atrocities happen?  Probably. They happen in every war.
Was it systematic?  No. 
Should it be used to characterize an entire nation of people?  No

Let me put it into perspective - the Croats are similar to Quebec.
Quebec decides to separate.

What would you as the Canadian Military do?
Would you go into Quebec and start killing Quebecers like the Serbs came into Croatia to kill Croats?

How would the Quebecers protect themselves against English invasion?

But what more can be expected from redneck grunts that have no education
and can't find a real job in the real world

I am saddened and disgusted that people like you "defend" our nation

I REMIND YOU ALL OF 1991 - OPERATION DELIVERANCE - AIRBORNE REGIMENT - SOMALIA
If the Canadian military is so professional - why was the Airborne Regiment DISBANDED?

zz000ter said:
You place all this hatred on the Croats - but you appear to love the Serbs.

This thread was about Croatia. So i commented about Croats. If you start a thread about Serbs, i will tell you what i think of them too. I saw what Serbs did in Croatia. I was also in Kosovo, i saw what Serbs did there.

for that you demonized them?

I demonise them for the senseless and brutal killing of inocent civillians.

CDN Aviator said:
I demonise them for the senseless and brutal killing of inocent civillians.

How many civilians have Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan?

How many civilians has the US Army killed all over the world?
I think back to the video, from Iraq, where a helicopter gunship shoots unarmed civilians and even a child in a van - and the helicopter pilot and the guy giving orders appear to be "having fun" shooting up the place.

For such a "civilized" country - Canadian grunts are not very civilized.

Where is the perspective?

I wonder how many of the "big talkers" here are still active military
It would be quite sad to think you still are

zz000ter said:
But what more can be expected from redneck grunts that have no education
and can't find a real job in the real world

I am saddened and disgusted that people like you "defend" our nation

Some of us highly educated 'grunts' are saddened that we have the honour of defending the Rights and lives of people like you, but do so as our commitment to our nation not you.

zz000ter said:
I REMIND YOU ALL OF 1991 - OPERATION DELIVERANCE - AIRBORNE REGIMENT - SOMALIA
If the Canadian military is so professional - why was the Airborne Regiment DISBANDED?

Why was the CAR disbanded?  It was disbanded as a 'knee jerk' reaction of a weak Liberal Government under a weak Prime Minister who could never make a decision and hoped that if he ignored a problem it would go away.  Instead of focusing on disciplining and charging the few 'rotten apples', Chretien punished the whole regiment and CF. 

As for teaching us history, I think you still have much to learn yourself.

George Wallace said:
Why was the CAR disbanded?  It was disbanded as a 'knee jerk' reaction of a weak Liberal Government under a weak Prime Minister who could never make a decision and hoped that if he ignored a problem it would go away.  Instead of focusing on disciplining and charging the few 'rotten apples', Chretien punished the whole regiment and CF. 

Wow - the racist rednecks here go on to characterize and demonize an entire nation and the present day military of Croatia (the vast majority of who were not involved in the war of independence) for the actions of a few rotten apples - YET you say the CAR was disbanded due to a knee-jerk reaction to some rotten apples.

Where is the logic?
Or is the racist hatred clouding your judgment?

By the way - CAR was disbanded due to longstanding systematic problems.
Problems which should not ever occur in a "professional" military

Leave it alone George...it isn't worth the Kb...we've seen this type before...baiting and nonsensical rants about nothing. It is hung up on racism and other matters of which it dosn't have a clue about.

zz000ter said:
Wow - the racist rednecks here go on to characterize and demonize an entire nation and the present day military of Croatia (the vast majority of who were not involved in the war of independence) for the actions of a few rotten apples - YET you say the CAR was disbanded due to a knee-jerk reaction to some rotten apples.

Where is the logic?
Or is the racist hatred clouding your judgment?

So I am a racist redneck......As a Mod on this site, I now suggest you reread the Army.ca Conduct Guidelines that you agreed to when you registered a few minutes ago to this site.

I have no idea what you are learning in your school in the NCR, but obviously history and current events are not one of your strong suits.  You appear to have very biased anti-establishment and strong anti-military views which will not hold you in good standing on this site.  I may suggest you find another site to preach your gospel in.

zz000ter said:

Let's assume that's true, if for no other reason than there are many threads here already covering this topic, so we don't need to veer into that here. If that is the case, along with this comment:

zz000ter said:

Then the CF - a professional military - did the right thing by your own words. You can't have it both ways; the CF can not be brimming with uneducated rednecks and have done the right thing under the trying circumstances of Somalia.

I'm not sure what other ghosts and deflections you're going to try to bring into your argument about the Croats, but please keep this discussion on topic. If you have other side conversations you are burning to fight about, seek out one of the existing threads.

Cheers
Mike

From reading his profile.. it looks like a punk that never seen combat. Nice try bud.

Regards,
TN

Op Athena

Back