• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CAF CWO

I imagine that that amount of collision free Kms is a big deal in the world of driving.

I imagine that that amount of collision free Kms is a big deal in the world of driving.

Personally, I've seen more casualties from road accidents than enemy action, including a Land Rover full of my troops flipped by my (irresponsibly hot rodding across tank tracks) Pl Sgt, sending several to hospital.

Put me down as a big fan of this award I've only just learned about today ;)

AFV crew aren’t.
That isn't true.

From the TRANSPORT MANUAL

SECTION 3 THE DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENCE SAFE DRIVER AWARD PROGRAM

1. The Department of National Defence (DND) Safe Driver Award is established to provide a nationally recognized certification of drivers who consistently demonstrate their safe driving skills by avoiding preventable vehicle collisions. Award eligibility is based upon the number of collision free driving kilometres completed by the driver since January 2005. The award has multiple levels and is open to all members of the defence team with a valid DND 404 Driver permit.

The kicker likely is folks need to associate their name to the kms put on the trip ticket and the unit staff/dispatcher needs to enter that info into FMS. Something we are not always good at :)

Look, with no name on the ticket, how can you hold someone accountable for an accident?

Think About It GIF by Identity

That isn't true.

From the TRANSPORT MANUAL

SECTION 3 THE DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENCE SAFE DRIVER AWARD PROGRAM

1. The Department of National Defence (DND) Safe Driver Award is established to provide a nationally recognized certification of drivers who consistently demonstrate their safe driving skills by avoiding preventable vehicle collisions. Award eligibility is based upon the number of collision free driving kilometres completed by the driver since January 2005. The award has multiple levels and is open to all members of the defence team with a valid DND 404 Driver permit.

The kicker likely is folks need to associate their name to the kms put on the trip ticket and the unit staff/dispatcher needs to enter that info into FMS. Something we are not always good at :)

I'm so happy I'm not the G4 TN. That's a job that truly is like herding cats.

I'm so happy I'm not the G4 TN. That's a job that truly is like herding cats.
Dealing with truckers is very icky....

That said, their SJS page is an awesome depository of information, the supply one not so much.

Personally, I've seen more casualties from road accidents than enemy action, including a Land Rover full of my troops flipped by my (irresponsibly hot rodding across tank tracks) Pl Sgt, sending several to hospital.

Put me down as a big fan of this award I've only just learned about today ;)
I also just learned about this.

I hope that people can see this for what it is. A pin is a good way to recognize this sort of thing.

Dealing with truckers is very icky....

That said, their SJS page is an awesome depository of information, the supply one not so much.

I've never been to the SJS page.

Have you seen the MMT collaboration page ?

We had a WO build a really good one. I will DM you the link once I'm done my taxes.

Back