• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Cadpat

Dimsum said:
Some CSMs really care which hand you wear your watch on  ???

No not really - at least not this one.

I can seen some being that ridiculous though.

Odd...I've always worn my watch on my right, at least as far as I can remember. I've never had anyone say anything about it.

Dimsum said:
Some CSMs really care which hand you wear your watch on  ???

There is a certain type of person that like cream rises to the top, unlike cream this type of floater smells terrible...

I saw a Sgt wearing the new CADPAT in 101 on Monday. In person is looks much better than in the pictures I have seen so far. Looks similar in tone to MARPAT, maybe a bit less brown.

When wearing civilian clothes off duty, jewellery and accessories will preserve a conservative, disciplined, professional appearance.

That watch better not be one of those non-disciplined type ones!

Brashendeavours said:
As other have noted, the wording "shall not be visible" would be interpreted by those with a modicum of common sense, as the t-shirt physically not sticking out the neck hole or arm holes.

I agree that a modicum of common sense should play a part (it does for me...), but there is a 'wrong way' to be right with MWOs (for Warrant Officers and below).  ;D

let the pedantry begin, and I'm going to start pointing out underwear-lines on some people that shimmy into their DEUs after too many years of extra duff.

:rofl:  That made me LOL.

Jarnhamar said:
That watch better not be one of those non-disciplined type ones!
My watch gets drunk on Thursday nights and shows up late for PT on Friday. I've had to put it on C&P.

Just wanted to add my 2 pennies here.

A lot of folks were saying to just go with multicam like other allies. Just to clarify, Yanks use Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP), and we Brits use Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP).
Both are unique enough to be made without MC licence infringement but similar enough that bits of MC gear integrate well. You dont need to pay out mega bucks for Multicam branded stuff.

Either could be a cost effective option.

Mandalore said:

A lot of folks were saying to just go with multicam like other allies. Just to clarify, Yanks use Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP), and we Brits use Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP).
Both are unique enough to be made without MC licence infringement but similar enough that bits of MC gear integrate well. You dont need to pay out mega bucks for Multicam branded stuff.

How dare you even say “Cost Effective” this is the Canadian Government your talking about.

Mandalore said:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... WHOA... good sir.

Did you just make a common sense suggestion??

This is the Canadian Forces.  We don't do that here.  ;)

CBH99 said:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... WHOA... good sir.

Did you just make a common sense suggestion??

This is the Canadian Forces.  We don't do that here.  ;)

.... even with DEU, which is very different depending on just how 'Special' you are :)

Back