• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Cadpat

I don’t mind the pattern... but this is dumb. 
I think we would be better off with actual Multicam as it’s in effect becoming a 5 eyes standard which means COTS is easy for both individuals and the institution vs yet another one off boutique pattern just for us.
As for the eFP trial what are they trialing and what is the measure of sucesss?
Camouflage ability? According to who and compared to what other pattern in what other area?
Cost? Okay sure weird to have a TF do that so no.
What exactly are we testing? Popularity?
Oh by the way what will the trial consist of? Just the shirt and pants or everything to include the helmets, vests, armour, rain gear etc. If not then any test of its camouflage effectiveness is mute.

Sorry just a bit annoyed with yet another stand alone good idea fairy.

It seems more money then its worth, new tac vests, helmet covers, jackets, rain gear, pants, etc.... The cost is huge and I feel there are much bigger things that could use funding then this dumb project

MilEME09 said:
It seems more money then its worth, new tac vests, helmet covers, jackets, rain gear, pants, etc.... The cost is huge and I feel there are much bigger things that could use funding then this dumb project

Heretic!!!  An Inquisitor will be inviting you for a chat in the near future...

MM

Actually the current CADPAT is produced in Winnipeg and the company is owned by a gentleman who is also the Hon LCol of The Royal Winnipeg Rifles.

What's going to happen to all those brand new expensive electronic chest rigs in cadpat tw we started issuing?

Fabius said:
I don’t mind the pattern... but this is dumb. 
I think we would be better off with actual Multicam as it’s in effect becoming a 5 eyes standard which means COTS is easy for both individuals and the institution vs yet another one off boutique pattern just for us.

Then..what will the CANSOF folks wear?  :waiting:

They can't wear the same operational dress and...everyone else!

EITS - I know.....think of poor CANSOF. Now that we can all grow beards, and buy our own boots, if we get Multicam we will push CANSOF to new extremes!

Staff Weenie said:
EITS - I know.....think of poor CANSOF. Now that we can all grow beards, and buy our own boots, if we get Multicam we will push CANSOF to new extremes!

If all that comes to pass, you'll be able to tell CANSOF apart - they'll be the clean-shaven ones wearing CADPAT.

Eye In The Sky said:
Then..what will the CANSOF folks wear?  :waiting:

They can't wear the same operational dress and...everyone else!

A good rumour to start: 'I hear that SOF is going to all OD green.' :)

daftandbarmy said:
A good rumour to start: 'I hear that SOF is going to all OD green.' :)

That'll spin up the salty folks in the CAF subreddit.  I like it.

Dimsum said:
That'll spin up the salty folks in the CAF subreddit.  I like it.

You could link it to this scene, where the SOF guys are really evil/cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksBZ5EPuXPM

Released on ACIMS

And for your viewing pleasure may I present, our new prototype uniforms. :rofl:

Attachments

• New Cadpat.jpg
    New Cadpat.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,700
Anecdotally (I'm posted in Europe right now, where a few nations as well as the US troops wear Multicam), Denmark regrets moving from a green and black pattern to Multicam to save costs, and will replace their Multicam with either something else...... or go back to distinct uniforms for temperate and desert operations. Apparently they have found Multicam to be 'grossly ineffective' in the green woodlands of Denmark and Northern Europe. Source is a Danish LCol, and, as I say, it's anecdotal. I wonder what studies have been done on our new (very brown) prototype.

Log Offr said:
Anecdotally (I'm posted in Europe right now, where a few nations as well as the US troops wear Multicam), Denmark regrets moving from a green and black pattern to Multicam to save costs, and will replace their Multicam with either something else...... or go back to distinct uniforms for temperate and desert operations. Apparently they have found Multicam to be 'grossly ineffective' in the green woodlands of Denmark and Northern Europe. Source is a Danish LCol, and, as I say, it's anecdotal. I wonder what studies have been done on our new (very brown) prototype.

I spent quite a bit of time in Denmark on NATO exercises. Their terrain is much like eastern Canada, especially 'farm belt' Ontario, so I see where they are coming from.

Regardless, once you're on operations it's all academic as the sweat, mud and other grunge you collect on your uniform after a couple of days means that you really can't see the cam pattern anymore.

I think the real question is, are you ready to see your first 300lb troop wearing this while they stand in line at Tim's or McD's? I think this pattern will look way better as a mumu than CADPAT 1.0.

I'm personally stoked!  :pop:

I never really understood why we left the OD cbt uniform for the Cadpat. The OD one fit the bill overall for general service. Worked well in most environments.

[quote author=CTD] Worked well in most environments.
[/quote]

It wouldn't have worked well where we did actual fighting IMO.

Back