• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New (2022) CAF recruiting ad

Guns. Things blowing up. No readily identifiable ethnic/aboriginal members. It will be pulled in a week.
There was one barely recognizable female infanteer in a toque. Really. One can make an ad this good and still blend in a subtle inclusive message if one was to just make the effort. It's not an either or thing.

πŸ˜–

There was one barely recognizable female infanteer in a toque. Really. One can make an ad this good and still blend in a subtle inclusive message if one was to just make the effort. It's not an either or thing.

πŸ˜–
Throw in a clip of a cook displaying some tasty treats, a guy/girl offloading a Herc with forklift and finally a wrecker recovering a rolled truck and you covered off some of the less sexy but critical bits as well. But it's a good start.

πŸ˜–
On the other hand, this ad may have been a subtle message to the white dudes that the CAF has been very not subtle about not being interested in recruiting...

I don’t remember identifying, or GAF, what types of people were in CF ads back in the early 2000s when I joined. Those were the simple times.

Throw in a clip of a cook displaying some tasty treats, a guy/girl offloading a Herc with forklift and finally a wrecker recovering a rolled truck and you covered off some of the less sexy but critical bits as well. But it's a good start.
So, the ads from the past few years.

This is the first β€œcool stuff” ad in a while. The ones I’ve seen the past few years were focused in the way you mentioned.

A cleverly decietful video. Looks good.
Isn’t that all recruiting ads for everything though? And I don’t mean just the CAF or even military in general.

I’m specifically thinking of an ad a few years ago about being a Chartered Professional Accountant. They used to play it in YouTube ad breaks, movie theatres, etc and it was all about them travelling to cool places. I have a few family members who are CPAs and CAs and they might travel…to some office and go through paperwork.

A cleverly decietful video. Looks good.
This ad came on the tv at the mess last week and the common sentiment was "turn that off - don't want to see people doing things we don't do". Still, have to start somewhere to entice the young ones in

A recruiting ad like this hopefully just serves to get people interested enough to take that first look. An appeal to adventure is a decent hook, and then through starting to put time in to look at options, a prospective recruit will learn a lot more about what they may be interested in.

Strong hooks are definitely called for, and showing off some cool and exiting stuff isn’t wrong. Almost all of us got at least some of that at least from time to time, even if it was the exception.

I’m specifically thinking of an ad a few years ago about being a Chartered Professional Accountant. They used to play it in YouTube ad breaks, movie theatres, etc and it was all about them travelling to cool places. I have a few family members who are CPAs and CAs and they might travel…to some office and go through paperwork.
You mean the one where the CPA guides an airmobile assault audit onto high-rise construction? πŸ˜†

Back