• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NET

Sure there is! A Tp WO who cares about his troops, and a SSM who cares about his Tp WOs!

:p

Donaill said:
Seriously, NET is a great go. Take advantage of SEP(Sunsidized Education Program). Talk to the recruiter about it. It pays for college and has several other advantages.

He meant to say "Subsidized".  ;)

You mentioned several advantages of getting my education subsidized instead of getting the military training?

Could you name a few... I am pretty sure one is that I would get my Leading Seaman's right away but anything else?

Klinkaroo said:
You mentioned several advantages of getting my education subsidized instead of getting the military training?

Oh dont worry, there wont be any shortage of military training.

I don't mean to say that the training at the base isn't good  because it is.  However advancing to your LS has the advantage of having a higher pay,and a little more responsibility. The exact schools and locations that are on the SEP list escapes me at this time. That would be one of the advantages, being able to attend a school closer to your home. The program in St. Johns is an excellent program as well, and has been a big part of training NET's for several years now.
  Military training is on going and even if you came through as an SEP trained tech you would recieve a degree of trade training, such as equipment.  For a student coming to CFNES you would recieve your QL3 tecnician training over two years and a few months of equipment training, be sent to ship for at least 16 months for your QL4 training, following that you would return to CFNES for more academic training (approx. 6 months) and more equipment  training, the time varies according to whether you are NET A, C or T. Upon completion you would then return to ship.
  Students that attend the St. Johns school or come through as SEP have a different training rythm.

I will post more details when I have the opportunity. I believe that there is a link for said programs, when I will post when and if I find it.

Ok thanks hope to hear back.

Yeah I know the military training is generally of a high standard.

So if I understand right by going to college it would basically cut my training time a little so I would be fully qualified faster?

If someone had the list of schools that would be awsome also.

BTW I wanted to go Communications NET if that helps

The only real advantage of the SEP is that you get to do your academic training in a civilian school. In many cases that school will be either in your hometown or very close to it. Otherwise your early career will progress pretty much at the same rate as a direct entry recruit. Two years at your local community college or two years at CFNES (Canadian Forces Naval Engineering School) is still two years. You will have to complete a bridging program and equipment training package when you graduate. Oh yes, and nobody gets to skip basic training, and who would want to. The bridging program covers those academic subjects that you require to be a NET or NWT but are not taught in any technician or technologist programs in Canada. Radar, communications & fire control theory, fiber optics, LAN/WAN maintenance and a few other things. You must also be aware that you will have to serve an obligatory period of time in exchange for your 'free' education. It is an excellent opportunity to join the NAVY, see the world, and get an education in your own neighborhood.

~ Cheers

Hello everyone.

I'm currently with PPCLI, and my OT has just been accepted for NET(c)

I'm already quite positive i'll enjoy the courses and education, but i was hoping i could get some insight as to how the trade is while at sea? i've been hearing more and more about how an NET spends the majority of his time performing jobs outside the trade, but i havent actually been able to talk to a trained NET.

any experiences, tips, or info would be greatly appreciated.

There's a lot of info on the site, have you searched?

Back