• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need help finding a regiment

Kahem

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello

My girlfriend great-grandfather was in the CAF, but they never knew what regiment he was in. I'm sorry, the original picture is blurry.
-He was a French Canadian.
-It looks like Fusiller du Mont-Royal badge but i'm not 100% sure.
-It was when he came back from 1942-1945 war
If anyone could help me I'll really appreciate it!

Thank you

Do you know anything of his war time service?  Details could help confirm the unit.

Kahem said:
If anyone could help me I'll really appreciate it!

SEARCHES: Medals, War Diaries, Service Records, etc.
https://army.ca/forums/threads/42325.0.html

RESTRICTED RECORDS
For all other military service files (1919-1997), including Second World War (not killed in action), access restrictions apply."
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/022-909.007-e.html

How to Send an Inquiry Concerning Your Own or Another Individual's Records

We try to answer inquiries within 30 days; however, due to the large number of inquiries being received, we are currently experiencing delays in our response times. Clients who submit a written request should expect to wait six months for a response. Priority service is given to people who require documentation to prove that they qualify for pensions, allowances, claims and other benefits, therefore, these types of requests should be clearly identified.

For projects involving research in a large number of files, the request will be assessed by our staff to determine if current resources can accommodate such an extensive commitment.

Your request must be signed.
    To identify a file, we require surname, full given name(s), date of birth, and service number or social insurance number.
    If you do not know the date of birth, service number or S.I.N. (social insurance number), secondary information (e.g., the names of next of kin, postings, dates of service, place of enlistment) can assist in identifying the correct individual.
    Consult the section below on Access Restrictions.
    Please specify what document(s) you require. If you are doing family history research, we recommend that you request a "genealogy package," which will include copies of selected documents from the file that highlight/summarize the individual's service.
    We do not accept email inquiries for these records. Inquiries must be sent by mail or fax.
    Your request can be written as a letter or you can print off a blank copy of the Application for Military Service Information form available in [PDF 663 KB] or [RTF 44,516 KB] format, which should be filled in, signed and sent by mail or fax. (Download Freeware)
    Inquiries should be sent by mail or fax to:

ATIP and Personnel Records Division
Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON  K1A 0N4
Fax: 613-947-8456

Back