• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NDHQ Dress Policy

BKells

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm a reservist and I live and go to school a few blocks from NDHQ. All last year I would show up at NDHQ in clean/neat civvies and go to the 5th floor and use the gym. It's a great gym and never really busy. When I say clean/neat civvies I mean maybe jeans and a collared shirt, or a sweater.

I've heard a rumor that now you must show up in a classy suit and tie or in combats. What can you all tell me?

The CFSU(O) Standing Orders describe dress for pers in NDHQ and on strength of CFSU(O).

Take it all with a grain of salt, though - I've seen military pers in all types of dress in 101 Col By.

11. Dresses and Personal Appearance - Servicemen (Civilian Clothes on Duty). The wearing of civilian clothes by a serviceman on duty in the NCR shall be governed by the following:

a. when authorized to wear civilian clothes on duty or in public servicemen shall present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance;

b. During the winter dress period, the following apparel is appropriate for wear on duty: suit, sports jacket, blazer, dress pants, turtleneck with blazer or sweater, sweater with shirt (short or long sleeved) and tie, dress shoes to include oxfords, loafers, and lace up shoes.

c. During the summer dress period, an open collar dress shirt or golf shirt may be worn in lieu of wearing a shirt and tie or turtleneck. Golf shirts must be in good taste, and are not to contain offensive language or advertise commercial products with the exception of bona-fide sports related logos on the pocket (i.e. Nike, Polo); and

d. a serviceman on duty (with the exception of designated social activities and sporting events) shall not wear the following items:

(i) sports clothes including: sweat shirts, T-shirts, sweat pants, spandex pants, cargo pants, shorts, rugby pants, running shoes, beach/sport sandals, and flip-flops,

(ii) denim clothing including: jeans, cargo pants, overalls, or

(iii) earrings, and body piercings.

12. Dresses and Personal Appearance - Servicewomen (Civilian Clothes on Duty). The wearing of civilian clothes by servicewomen on duty in the NCR shall be governed by the following:

a. when authorized to wear civilian clothes on duty or in public servicewomen shall present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in her choice of clothing;

b. the following apparel is appropriate for wear on duty:

(i) dresses, skirts, dress slacks, capris with sweater or blouse,

(ii) dress blazer/jacket with co-ordinating slacks/skirt combination,

(iii) during the summer dress period, a golf style shirt may be worn providing it is in good taste, and it does not contain offensive language or advertise commercial products with the exception of bona-fide sports related logos on the pocket (i.e. Nike, Polo), and

(iv) dress shoes, and dress sandals.

c. a servicewoman on duty (with the exception of designated social activities and sporting events) shall not wear the following items of apparel:

(i) sports clothes including: sweat shirts, T-shirts, sweat pants,spandex, rugby, dress shorts, shorts, mini skirt/dress(more than six inches above the knee) and midriff baring tops,

(ii) denim clothing including: jeans, cargo pants, overalls, or

(iii) running shoes, beach/sport sandals and flip-flops,

(iv) outfits with excessive décolleté.

BKells, if you are going to the gym, show up in PT gear if you want. I come in every morning in my PT clothes, go to the gym and then work. At the end of the day I throw on my:

(i) sports clothes including: sweat shirts, T-shirts, sweat pants, spandex pants, cargo pants, shorts, rugby pants, running shoes, beach/sport sandals, and flip-flops,

and go home. No one has ever said anything to me. The rest of the guys that I work with do the same. I've gotten looks walking through the concourse but thats about it...

d. a serviceman on duty (with the exception of designated social activities and sporting events) shall not wear the following items:

by sporting events, im sure they include working out at the gym. but for the love of god, spare everyone and never wear spandex pants

as a reservist, I very much doubt that he's on duty.

Be neat, clean, and polite and you can't go wrong.

BTW- going to the gym is a good thing, and supervisors should be doing everything in their power to keep you going, and not worrying about a young person in clean jeans. T-shirt and a smile.

Garry said:
BTW- going to the gym is a good thing, and supervisors should be doing everything in their power to keep you going, and not worrying about a young person in clean jeans. T-shirt and a smile.

You're not from NDHQ, are you?  You're spouting.. umm... it's been so long since I've seen it around here... oh yes, common sense!

Back