• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCS ENG NOAB

WaitingTime

Inactive
Reaction score
anyone going to the NOAB at the end of June?  I have read a few posts on this site regarding the NOAB and MOST, but most of them are more specific to MARS.  Now, I am assuming that both MARS and NCS's MOST are the same and the candidates for both occupation go to the same NOAB, right?  Is the pattern recognition part of MOST the same idea as the spatial test on CFAT?

I'll be heading out there in June as well, got my call yesterday ;D

As far as I know, the NOAB is the same for all three occupations which attend it, and they all attend together.
As for the info on the MOST test, I would assume the test is the same for all occupations, or at least I've never heard anything to suggest otherwise.

Congrats on your selection, see you in June.

congratz, panictest!!! I am still waiting for my package, but has only been 3 days.  anyone else coming to join our little group?

I think I may be joining you as well. 
I spoke to my file manager today and he said there was a note on my file saying I needed to attend; although as far as he knew MARS were the only ones that were required to attend NOAB.  Everything I've read on this site seems to indicate otherwise though    ;)
I'll have to call him back tomorrow and see if I can nail down some dates.

Getting excited now  ;D

I was told June 22 to June 28.  we fly out 22nd and come back 28, but the actual process is  5 days long starting 23rd to 27th.  I forgot if it is in Victoria or in Nova Scotia.  I am going to go down and talk to my CFRC tomorrow.  (I only live 5 mins away so it is almost easier to go there than to call)

Roman: According to what I've read, potential MS ENG, NCS ENG, and MARS officers all attend NOAB. Seems to be a common experience that your local CFRC may not necessarily know all the ins and outs of the process for these MOCs. I know they had to make a call to figure it out after I was done with my interview, and I got some conflicting information in my subsequent calls. Understandable though, a CFRC in the middle of the prairies isn't exactly overflowing with Navy personnel. 

I was told much the same as you WaitingTime, though it sounds like I'll be flying back on Friday and not Saturday. This NOAB is held in <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=esquimalt&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=13&iwloc=addr">Esquimalt</a>, which is just outside Victoria.

I suggest reading <a href="http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/52231.0.html">this post</a> if you haven't already, seems to be the best and most recent description of what to expect.

Cheers.

Do not quote me on this, but I think the NOAB is for all three trades.  It is hard to imagine they holding separate NOAB for each trades.  It probably is a lot more cost effective to do them all at the same time.

Back