• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy removes USS Theodore Roosevelt captain

The President was asked about the Crozier case and stated that he had had a number of outstanding assignments and that he hoped that he might be able to salvage Croziers career. Trump said everyone once in awhile has a bad day or week.

tomahawk6 said:
The President was asked about the Crozier case and stated that he had had a number of outstanding assignments and that he hoped that he might be able to salvage Croziers career. Trump said everyone once in awhile has a bad day or week.

I watched Trump say that but I wasn't convinced he was sincere.  The other day when asked about the Captain, Trump didn't seem very supportive.  I get the feeling that Trump is seeing how the sailors are reacting and supporting their Capt and he knows he better do something to fix this problem quick.

Dimsum said:
...and the Acting SECNAV has now apologized for his remarks.  I guess he didn't stand by every word he said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-navy-apology-idUSKBN21P03N?utm_source=reddit.com

In this day and age, he was either too stupid, or too naive, not to think a recording of this speech would make it's way to the media.

The crewman’s “WTF?” just as Modly started in on the Skipper spoke volumes.  The ‘Swamp’ still needs draining...

Good2Golf said:
The crewman’s “WTF?” just as Modly started in on the Skipper spoke volumes.  The ‘Swamp’ still needs draining...

'The instruments of darkness tell us truths.'   

William Shakespeare

daftandbarmy said:
'The instruments of darkness tell us truths.'   

William Shakespeare

Most certainly, though it seems clear that Banquo and his peers liveth now far from the Avenue of Pennsylvania...

Reminds me a bit of when they told us they would be removing our beer machines from the ship and no drinking at sea (plus the alcohol price would be raising the few times we could drink). That was the most silent I have ever seen a large group of people.

This guy really knows how to one up our Navy though.

I remember, many moons ago, at an unnamed Canadian Military College, when the Deputy Commandant decided to make a particular example of a cadet who had just been found guilty of an offence.

He had this individual paraded in front of the cadet wing, stripped him of his cadet rank and then publically berated him.

That was as angry and quiet as I have ever seen several hundred people. Even those who felt no sympathy for the cadet and his offence were deeply angered by the gratutious public humilation. From that moment on, it was nothing but a series of minor rebellions and acts of unattributable sabotage at nearly any order issued by that senior officer.

I learned alot that day: a silent group of troops is deeply dangerous. Beware when that occurs....

I gave some advice to my Senior NCOs. Lots of advice.

One basically said - Don't go off half cocked. Get the story from both sides then make the determination.
Did this happen?

SeaKingTacco said:
I remember, many moons ago, at an unnamed Canadian Military College, when the Deputy Commandant decided to make a particular example of a cadet who had just been found guilty of an offence.

He had this individual paraded in front of the cadet wing, stripped him of his cadet rank and then publically berated him.

That was as angry and quiet as I have ever seen several hundred people. Even those who felt no sympathy for the cadet and his offence were deeply angered by the gratutious public humilation. From that moment on, it was nothing but a series of minor rebellions and acts of unattributable sabotage at nearly any order issued by that senior officer.

I learned alot that day: a silent group of troops is deeply dangerous. Beware when that occurs....

Hmmmm....

I saw a similar approach used at my unit a few years ago by a CO who clearly was out of his depth. After that, alot of people 'quit but didn't leave', at various orders of magnitude.

daftandbarmy said:
Hmmmm....

After that, alot of people 'quit but didn't leave', at various orders of magnitude.

Maybe he learned how to do that from this Commandant you speak of....

We had a Very Senior WO who thought nothing of belittling his WOs and Snr NCOs. He was not a fan of me or I of him.

Staff Edit:  On behalf off the quoted member.

tomahawk6 said:
The President was asked about the Crozier case and stated that he had had a number of outstanding assignments and that he hoped that he might be able to salvage Croziers career.
Hey, if Trump can go to bat for a convicted war criminal and return his Trident, why not someone who's a scape-goat for showing true leadership, and 'guilty' only of caring for his sailors' well-being.  [Notice how those attributes make him stand out so glaringly from the sycophant Beltway herd]  :not-again:

I hope Crozier says "no thank you."  His career is ended anyway;  he'd be followed around by second-guessers and nay-sayers regardless.

#AmericaUSEDtoBeRespected

When troops are pushed so far that they stop bitching, you have a problem.

Ze plot thickens

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/06/modly-apologizes-fired-captain-and-carrier-crew-after-trump-hints-intervention.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0o3LHMw0aN2hn9y9-RAkB6k2E3r1IBVBN8mBwgyk2f-INQ1K_yDV-7NO0#Echobox=1586225561

Here’s your sword, Modly.  You insert it just below your navel. CinC appreciates your loyalty.

News is reporting that Modly has resigned, beating the President to the punch.

Modly screded up but will Trump accept his resignation ? If it were me I would promote Crozier to Read Admiral (lower half) and get him a decent assignment where he could serve out a 3 year tour and retire.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/acting-secretary-of-the-navy-has-submitted-his-resignation-after-calling-ousted-aircraft-carrier-captain-stupid/ar-BB12hGZ0?ocid=spartanntp

tomahawk6 said:
Modly screded up but will Trump accept his resignation ? If it were me I would promote Crozier to Read Admiral (lower half) and get him a decent assignment where he could serve out a 3 year tour and retire.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/acting-secretary-of-the-navy-has-submitted-his-resignation-after-calling-ousted-aircraft-carrier-captain-stupid/ar-BB12hGZ0?ocid=spartanntp

Reports indicate Secretary of Defence Esper has accepted the resignation.

Acting Navy Secretary resigns.
Insert "too naive or too stupid to think that this information wasn't going to get out to the public" joke.

Next at bat:

Attachments

• 6019ADF6-02B2-4492-B3DE-1F99333B2E72.jpeg
    6019ADF6-02B2-4492-B3DE-1F99333B2E72.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 171
Back