• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy Recruit Question...

S

SudsyNavy

hi
i just got accepted for the position of Naval Weapons Tech.  I was wondering if later on down the road when im done my training if its possible to get on Boarding party teams or if that was just for Boatswains....

cheers,
O.S. Sutherland

There are NWT positions with the NLBP. I wouldn't get your hopes up right away as normally they would like to have personnel who are QL5 trained on the team.

As your first couple of years in the Navy will be completing your QL3 course, OJT on a ship then your QL5 training, I would recommend that you wait until your QL5 course is finished and you are back on a ship before requesting to be a member of the NLBP.

Agreed..although if there is a large gap between your QL3 and QL5 your Department Head may allow you to take the course. As usual there are no guarantees.

Thanks for you info,

I realise i have a lot of training ahead before i can even apply for NLBP.

cheers...

Sudsy, welcome to the trade. I am the Senior NWT on a ship out west. Nearly 100% of my departmentment is NBP trained. It isn't essential that you be QL5 qualified to be on the NBP, any supervisor with a grain of salt will make sure you finish your J4 first though. NBP is comprised of most trades onboard ship as each trade has an area of expertice. For example the 2 I/C of our boarding party is a P2 NW Tech.

Back