• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy guys want the converged CADPAT raingear (From: Naval Officers to Wear the Executive Curl)

• Thread starter jollyjacktar
  • Start date
I was particularly refering to the issue of the ICE parka to the AF. No requirement for it compared to the Army.

Tango18A said:
No requirement for it compared to the Army.

Realy ?

Have you tired servicing aircraft in the middle of winter in places like Cold Lake, Iqualuit, Inuvik, Yellowknife.......

Does the camo properties of the parka add to its warmth. The AF can have all the OG IECS parkas on a one for one from the Army.

Tango18A said:
Does the camo properties of the parka add to its warmth. The AF can have all the OG IECS parkas on a one for one from the Army.

The AF paid for theirs out of AF money....sorry you got ****ed by your own army.........take it up with the CLS.

Tango18A said:
I was particularly refering to the issue of the ICE parka to the AF. No requirement for it compared to the Army.

Interestingly, I posted a comment on the site wrt the Army's actual use of it's Parka and overalls ECW way back when, years ago, it was decided that they would not be issued to all Army personnel. I posted the reasons why that was decided and I included a pic of the piles of stuff we received back from a certain Infantry regiment.

Because, when we began doing the one for one exchanges ... a full 80% of the olive drab ECW parkas and overalls that were returned from Army personnel (Infantry guys) came back still in their original packaging which they had laid in for years in those pers' basements. Even those that were unpackaged when swapped out for the ICE, were in "excellent" or "brand new" condition. Why then, spend millions to get ICE for Army pers who didn't even wear their old OG stuff? Some did. But, the huge majority did not ever touch it.

On the other hand, the same could not be said for Air pers when we did their swap-outs. Even those in Trenton for example had used their old ECW ... it gets pretty damn cold working on a flight line with no windbreak for hours on end fixing an aircraft.

Your observation as to who "used" parkas was simply not borne out by facts brought to light when the exchanges occured. With 80% of army guys returning their old parkas and overalls still in their original packaging, it quickly became very obvious that there existed no requirement to purchase and issue new ICE to them all, but rather only into those positions who actually made use of that expensive kit.

Back