• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Nav Ops/Intel to CSIS

Acer Syrup said:
Why would anyone want to transfer from the CF to CSIS is beyond me....  Maybe with glorified hopes of becoming James Bond or a CIA Operative. I would assume most people joined the CF for hands on experience and a challenge. It's for this very reason they don't have to sit in a office and look at a case on a piece of paper and decided "Threat or No Threat"

Wow... I'll have to echo Journeyman here and say, when you eventually know your ass from your mouth, please come back and make a worthy contribution.

For the rest of us, let's just say that CSIS and CF are two very different things. In fact, Military Int and CSIS are two very different things. Both interesting, but different. Which is why in fact it doesn't really help to have done one in order to do the other.

Acer Syrup said:
It's for this very reason they don't have to sit in a office and look at a case on a piece of paper and decided "Threat or No Threat"

Man, am I glad that my job doesn't entail sitting in an office and dealing with pieces of paper!

Sometimes it's e-mail instead!

Sorry to add to the dog-pile, but my sarcasm reservoir was overflowing.

Acer Syrup said:
I would assume most people joined the CF for hands on experience and a challenge. It's for this very reason they don't have to sit in a office and look at a case on a piece of paper and decided "Threat or No Threat"

Assumption of the day:  You have never been to the CF School of Military Intelligence.

Second assumption of the day:  You have never been to 1941 Ogilvie Road.

You may wish to address one or both of those flaws before expounding on the topic at hand...

Your right, I’m wrong! I’m not being sarcastic either. In my mulling of over of the reaction to my post, I realized that I was a Hypocrite!

Why you ask? My first thought was, “Who are they to assume my only CF experience is that only related to the CIC.” But then I thought, “Who am I, to decide that a job is boring or not”… I guess my original intent was to give my opinion of what I thought were general misconceptions of CSIS . I too was interested in CSIS and quickly found out that it isn’t exactly what I thought it was. I don’t have in-depth knowledge of CSIS and NO, I don’t know everything that the agency does.

I don’t know where the Int argument came from, because I never mentioned anything about them, but I digress.

But with that said, it is an opinion and just that, an opinion. Most people will never play in the NHL, but a lot of people don’t mind voicing their opinion on how their favorite team is playing. I guess if you have never played in the NHL you better shut up and just watch the game. I won’t be offended if you don’t like my analogy, most people don’t like them.

So to keep us on track, I will change my opinion to a question…

NES OP to CSIS would be quite the change, what drives you to consider change down the road to CSIS?

I won't injure your pride, as it has clearly been done already, but I will say that I was looking for advice or information, not criticism. If you can't contribute intelligently, don't post on my threads please. Thanks.

As for everyone else, thanks. Some of what you mentioned, I was already aware of. It seems so far that no one has seen a Operator go to CSIS, not saying that it hasn't happened. I will ask, if anyone has any contact information for CSIS that I might be able to use, I would be grateful. PM me if needed. Thanks again.  :salute:

Back