• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

National Capital Region

Kal

Inactive
Reaction score
It is my understanding that new recruits are not posted to this region.   If this is the case, why is it and what must one do to be posted there?   Does this detachment also have the specialized units, such as, dog handlers, ERT, diving teams, etc?

Edited for RCC ;)

Kal said:
It is my understand that new recruits are not posted to this region.  If this is the case, why is it and what must one do to be posted there?  Does this detachment also have the specialized units, such as, dog handlers, ERT, diving teams, etc?

I'm not sure where you got this "understand".

New recruits DO (at least in my experience) go to Ottawa - much to their (and the CF's) eventual detriment.

Aside from the JTF, I can't think of any "specialized" units located there - unless, of course, you count NDHQ as a "specialized unit".

Forgive the sarcasm, I realize you have asked a serious question - however, I spent my entire career keeping AWAY from Ottawa - what makes you want to serve there??

CC,

I think he's referred to RCMP recruits as this is the RCMP forum.

noneck - Thanks for the info, it was exactly what I was looking for.  However, I do not know what is meant by, 'contract policing provinces'? Also, why are some members from these areas treated negatively?

contracting police duties, i think they mean the Provinces who hire the RCMP to do the work of the Provincal Polices like the OPP and QPP and the Royal Newfoundland Police services.

The RCMP also provide some towns and cities with the  local police service,  usually is out west mostly i think.

Back